Skins - What's available / what's everyone using for Kodi/Emby?

JoshFink

JoshFink

I've been a Titan user for a long time now. Evidently I've having some trouble with the Skin Shortcuts where they enable/disable themselves, move around, go missing. I'm trying to find an alternative that is just as configurable but still more bare bones like Titan. 

I like how Embuary feels and the speed of using it, however the layout is more like the default Emby skin which just doesn't pass the WAF/KAF. 

Essentially, I just want to have a home page screen with the libraries and poster view inside both movies and TV's. I like recently added Episodes and Movies but all of the other things we just won't ever use.

Thanks for the help

adamstewiegreen

You will not find anything as configurable as Titan.

You can set up Embuary's main page to just display libraries and forget all the widgets.

Before the developer went MIA I was using Grid.  It has a very simple, clean vertical menu layout and is probably one of the better looking skins despite some odd design choices.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Not exactly a Kodi aficionado but I've had a quick play with quite a few of the skins available in Leia and keep coming back to Embuary, largely because its the most bug free (unsurprisingly I imagine) on Windows.

JoshFink

I've been playing around with Embuary more. I was wrong. It's pretty great and will work for the most part. I need to figure out how to add Android apps so I can put them on the menu (if that's even possible). Other than that I should be ok.

Thanks for the help

sualfred

I guess I have to raise a donation round to add proper support to Android. I don't have a device to integrate it correctly.

JoshFink

I guess I have to raise a donation round to add proper support to Android. I don't have a device to integrate it correctly.

I use the nVidia Shield TV personally. Does nVidia have any kind of virtual environment that you can test in? I'm happy to test things out for you on a live Shield though. 

You should raise a donation round. I'm sure others would contribute, myself as well. My goal is it be able to put the same thing on multiple TV's and have a consistent interface that just works. 

sualfred

Nope.

And yep, I'll think about a solution how to raise a donation round. There are a lot of available services out there.

• Like 1

JoshFink

On 2 of my Rpi3 devices I use EmbyCon with the Tweaks Estuary Skin clone makes

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58367-embycon-estuary-skin-cloner/

This is a cut back and customised as I can make my clients.

Thanks for the link. I read it but I'm not sure what it adds. Maybe it's just late on Friday and I had a long day. Can you explain it like you would to someone who doesn't know what they're reading?  :D

For instance. What are the few settings that you always use with Kodi that you made available? 

Thanks

Edited by JoshFink

You will not find anything as configurable as Titan.

You can set up Embuary's main page to just display libraries and forget all the widgets.

Before the developer went MIA I was using Grid.  It has a very simple, clean vertical menu layout and is probably one of the better looking skins despite some odd design choices.

Actually you will. Aeon MQ.

Altough Im using Bello 6 Krypton mod atm

Edited by djhifi

porkbone

Been using Titan for a while with embycon and it works great. Decided to try Andromeda with emby4kodi instead of embycon. So far I really like it! Very tweakable too

JoshFink

So this may be a basic question but are all skins available to use with Kodi and Emby? I was under the impression, perhaps wrongfully, that you had to use one that was customized for Emby to be able to pull in the libraries needed.

xnappo

You can use any skin. Some are better suited than others, and of course Embuary is specially written to integrate the two well. You will want a skin that will let you customize the menu, of course - but they pretty much all do except the built in skin.

JoshFink

You can use any skin. Some are better suited than others, and of course Embuary is specially written to integrate the two well. You will want a skin that will let you customize the menu, of course - but they pretty much all do except the built in skin.

Thanks.. I appreciate the help. 

I like Embuary but I also liked Titan. I'll see what else I can find that is pretty cool to use. 

Too many choices just kills me..  :D

JoshFink

Titan is not maintained at the moment so expect issues with Leia.

It's one of the reasons I switched to Embuary at the moment. 

Overseer

Titan is not maintained at the moment so expect issues with Leia.

There is a mod of Titan available via the Kodi Skin forums that is built for Leia.  I'm running that along with Emby 4 Kodi.  Pretty solid.  My wife is sticking with Embuary since she likes it.

e123enitan

I've been a Titan user for a long time now. Evidently I've having some trouble with the Skin Shortcuts where they enable/disable themselves, move around, go missing. I'm trying to find an alternative that is just as configurable but still more bare bones like Titan. 

I like how Embuary feels and the speed of using it, however the layout is more like the default Emby skin which just doesn't pass the WAF/KAF. 

Essentially, I just want to have a home page screen with the libraries and poster view inside both movies and TV's. I like recently added Episodes and Movies but all of the other things we just won't ever use.

Thanks for the help

Try Titan MOD, its a folk of Titan by Marcel, it is actively maintain 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749

source to download Kryton 

https://github.com/marduklev/skin.titan.krypton.mod/

source to download Leia

https://github.com/marduklev/skin.titan.mod.beta.leia/

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Was just trying out that Titan mod skin (on Leia, Windows machine), and it looks good except when I go to TV shows, and click on Recently Added Episodes (or In Progress TV Shows), I get this

5bdbfe3a917fc_EmbyKodiRecentlyAddedEpiso

whereas if I go to Movies and click on Recently Added, I get recently added movies. Doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by arrbee99

e123enitan

Was just trying out that Titan mod skin (on Leia, Windows machine), and it looks good except when I go to TV shows, and click on Recently Added Episodes (or In Progress TV Shows), I get this

5bdbfe3a917fc_EmbyKodiRecentlyAddedEpiso

whereas if I go to Movies and click on Recently Added, I get recently added movies. Doesn't seem right to me.

I have come a crossed similar screen, you should report the debug log and screen shot to  the developer https://forum.kodi.t....php?tid=330749,  not in this forum.