Up Next

im85288

im85288

I would like to announce my new addon for Kodi..... Up Next https://github.com/im85288/service.upnext/wiki which will soon replace my older 'Next Up' addon in the official Kodi repo.

The main difference with this addon is that it has been adapted to allow support from Video Addons along with being able to work with the native kodi database.

Behind the scenes there has been some great collaboration with both @ and @@Angelblue05 to get this integrated with both EmbyCon and Emby for Kodi. 

@@sualfred has assisted greatly too by creating the default skin for the windows along with custom versions in his Embuary skin.

At this moment it is ready to be stress tested and is available in the beta repo so please give it a whirl and report back any errors that are found.

For Embuary users please wait for an update in the Embuary thread stating that support has been added.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by im85288
  • Like 7

Nice job! Can't wait to test it

Hope skinners adopt it moving forward.

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

im85288

Thanks, just to make life easier for myself and the video addon devs please anyone with issues follow the link on the wiki of how to report an issue.

As you can imagine, there are a lot of factors that may be the cause for problems:

1. UpNext has a bug

2. Emby for Kodi has a bug

3. EmbyCon has a bug

4. Embuary has a bug (the addon works on any skin)

So by reporting the issue with the requested details helps to pinpoint where the issue is.

Also for any Netflix users on Kodi, integration with UpNext Is planned.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks, just to make life easier for myself and the video addon devs please anyone with issues follow the link on the wiki of how to report an issue.

As you can imagine, there are a lot of factors that may be the cause for problems:

1. UpNext has a bug

2. Emby for Kodi has a bug

3. EmbyCon has a bug

4. Embuary has a bug (the addon works on any skin)

So by reporting the issue with the requested details helps to pinpoint where the issue is.

Also for any Netflix users on Kodi, integration with UpNext Is planned.

Cheers

I would like to test this on Bello Nero 6 skin (Leia version) but I'm unsure if I can uninstall the older addon and replace it with this one?

im85288

I would like to test this on Bello Nero 6 skin (Leia version) but I'm unsure if I can uninstall the older addon and replace it with this one?

Yes in fact I should have made it more clear that the older addon needs to be uninstalled before using this one. It will use the default screens (similar to the first screenshot) on any skin without custom support. The only skin with custom support at the moment is Embuary. It works great with EmbyCon (what I use) and with Emby for Kodi in native mode, there’s currently an issue with Emby for kodi in addon mode so thats worth bearing in mind.

Yes in fact I should have made it more clear that the older addon needs to be uninstalled before using this one. It will use the default screens (similar to the first screenshot) on any skin without custom support. The only skin with custom support at the moment is Embuary. It works great with EmbyCon (what I use) and with Emby for Kodi in native mode, there’s currently an issue with Emby for kodi in addon mode so thats worth bearing in mind.

Thanks for the clarification.  :D Just installed it on a Leia system.

When you say "along with being able to work with the native kodi database." what would be the benefits of this for an Emby for KODI plugin user? Afaik it has been working great (the previous one). Assuming there is a "myvideosXXX.db" (which there is).

Edited by djhifi

im85288

Thanks for the clarification.  :D Just installed it on a Leia system.

When you say "along with being able to work with the native kodi database." what would be the benefits of this for an Emby for KODI plugin user? Afaik it has been working great (the previous one). Assuming there is a "myvideosXXX.db" (which there is).

Yes the previous one (which I will request to be removed from the kodi repo for Leia and onwards) worked fine when everything was synced to the kodi db. The advantage with this one is it works without the need for that. So for example you can install a new version of kodi, install EmbyCon and then up next and it works correctly.

The integration possibilities are where I see the advantage with this one. I’ve already confirmed with the Netflix addon developer that support will be added there and I aim to get it into amazon prime if that becomes possible.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Why don’t you want the old addon to be removed from the Krypton repo, too? Are there compatibility issues with the new addon and krypton?

Best regards

Is up next working? I'm using 0.1.4 in the latest emby for Kodi 3.1.34a using Embruary 18.5.3 and it doesn't work.

Or do I need to submit my logs

Edited by colfin22

im85288

Why don’t you want the old addon to be removed from the Krypton repo, too? Are there compatibility issues with the new addon and krypton?

Best regards

No the addon works fine with Krypton too but from Leia onwards Kodi will require addons to be python 3 compatible which I’ll make sure this addon is and do not want the haste of supporting it in Krypton (python 2.7) etc

I’ll not remove the old one for people who cannot migrate to Leia.

• Like 1

im85288

Is up next working? I'm using 0.1.4 in the latest emby for Kodi 3.1.34a using Embruary 18.5.3 and it doesn't work.

Or do I need to submit my logs

Yes it’s working fine from all the reports I’ve had feedback from. Please submit an issue following the guide here https://github.com/im85288/service.upnext/wiki/Report-a-Bug

LongMan

@@im85288. Tested UpNext and I like it. Good job again.

I don't see 'Random Unwatched' in the settings. Was that feature removed? I find it very useful. In fact i would request that it be extended to include movies.

Also is it possible to have a still watching for Live TV. After a certain time, pop up a dialog "Are You Still Watching?", if there is no response, then stop the stream. The feature would be useful if one falls asleep watching Live TV.

What do you think?

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 1

im85288

@@im85288. Tested UpNext and I like it. Good job again.

I don't see 'Random Unwatched' in the settings. Was that feature removed? I find it very useful. In fact i would request that it be extended to include movies.

Also is it possible to have a still watching for Live TV. After a certain time, pop up a dialog "Are You Still Watching?", if there is no response, then stop the stream. The feature would be useful if one falls asleep watching Live TV.

What do you think?

Cheers,

LongMan

Thanks :) With this first release I wanted to keep it super simple (get rid of some bugs from the old one) and concentrate on other video addon integration. I did quite like the 'random unwatched' so will look to include it at a later date (it's currently under review for the official repo)..but will keep your movie suggestion in mind.

For Live TV I would have to do some research, but I do not feel it is possible to do in a robust way. 

• Like 1

im85288

For anybody on the bleeding edge using the latest beta (https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix/pull/519) of the Netflix addon, I'm delighted to say UpNext is now supported. 

Feedback would be great if anyone can give it a test.

One super cool feature with the netflix integration is I added the ability for the video addon to state when the popup should be shown, with the Netflix API it supplies the exact time the credits begin to play...so the popup should show at the start of the credits consistently. 

• Like 3

I have another bug. I get a pop up at the end of an episode 1 offering me the next episode 2. I click to watch next (2) but as soon as it starts playing i get a pop up offering me episode 3 with a countdown timer.

I'll test again get you debug logs tomorrow

hstamas

Thanks :) With this first release I wanted to keep it super simple (get rid of some bugs from the old one) and concentrate on other video addon integration. I did quite like the 'random unwatched' so will look to include it at a later date (it's currently under review for the official repo)..but will keep your movie suggestion in mind.

For Live TV I would have to do some research, but I do not feel it is possible to do in a robust way. 

Have  you considered extending this to include random WATCHED episodes Ian? Might make for a somewhat simple replacement for Pseudo TV that I use extensively but fear is never going to be updated as promised.

I have another bug. I get a pop up at the end of an episode 1 offering me the next episode 2. I click to watch next (2) but as soon as it starts playing i get a pop up offering me episode 3 with a countdown timer.

I'll test again get you debug logs tomorrow

Coming back to this. This exact issue has happened a number of times. I've tried to use the Kodi log uploader add-on to get you the log but it's failed more than once, I think the log is to big to upload. I'll need to look at this again when I've time to figure how to access and upload the logs from a Shield.

• 2 months later...

The latest version working with embycon yet? I can't get it to come up more than once with embycon. As in... video one plays & UN shows normally & goes to the next video but when that one ends... nothing.

im85288

The latest version working with embycon yet? I can't get it to come up more than once with embycon. As in... video one plays & UN shows normally & goes to the next video but when that one ends... nothing.

It “should” be fine, though I haven’t actually used either for quite some time. Check out the link in the first post about how and where to report a bug

im85288

@@im85288

Yeah, add it ;-)

Definitely the next thing I add will be this!

Got side tracked looking into notifications in Kodi’s PVR. I want to add an option where it pops up a little notification in the top right corner saying for example ‘up next match of the day’ about half an hour before the show starts. However I did not crack it yet.

agentxan

I am using embycon and upnext. After the first episode plays upnext pops up and goes to to the second episode but after the second episode it does not pop up for the third.

This is using

KODI 18

Upnext 1.0.0

Embycon 1.8.12

https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/sohuzupuhi

I also attached a debug log

kodi2.log

Edited by agentxan

sualfred

Did something like that in the skinning engine in my previous skin. It was a pita. Especially with timeshift playback. Dropped it ;)