Install plugins in another way manually?

angeltonio

angeltonio

Hello and greetings, I found this tool and I liked it, many congratulations to the developers of it, but I read several things on the wiki, specifically to install the plugins that are on github and it is necessary to install a programming tool to be able to compile them and then install. Can someone tell me if there is another easier way to do this, how can I install those plugins? copying the folder or something ?? .. thanks for the reply ...

EODCrafter

Anyone who would like, since I would like to try some to see how to put it on my server ... greetings

The way I do it is just "click" on them and restart the Server.....Or am I lost?

5bc792d575f26_Screenshotfrom201810171450

• Like 1

You have to follow the procedure that we've documented. I'm not really sure what else to tell you, sorry.

Happy2Play

Were these plugins/tools built for Emby as you can't just pick any project of GitHub.

Edited by Happy2Play

angeltonio

@Happy2Play

Is how the friend says here, how can I download some github plugin and install it manually without the need to compile it ?? .. just copying the files inside the server of my server ?? .. greetings and thanks for your quick response.

@Happy2Play

Is how the friend says here, how can I download some github plugin and install it manually without the need to compile it ?? .. just copying the files inside the server of my server ?? .. greetings and thanks for your quick response.

By using the Emby plugin catalog. To learn more, please check out our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Plugins

Thanks !

angeltonio

That's bad, they should do something easier for users who need to use the emby offline.

Edited by angeltonio

EODCrafter

That's bad, they should do something easier for users who need to use the emby offline.

Emby won't work offline AFAIK, It needs to Phone Home Occasionally.

This has nothing to do with offline. You can install a plugin and then take the server offline if you wish.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

You still haven't mentioned the plugin tool that you are wanting to try and use with Emby.

• Like 1