Latest Movies with Updated movies

anujpuri85
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

anujpuri85

I have a ton of movies on a hard drive that are in a folder structure that doesn't include the movie year. I'm wanting to add the year to the folder name now so that I can import all those movies into Radarr (without the year, Radarr's not detecting any movie files). However, if I add the year/make a change to the folder name, upon refresh, the movie shows up under Latest Movies in Emby. Is there a way to make it so if a movie, once already previously added, is updated, it doesn't show up on latest movies again? Like the movie should only appear there the first time it's added to the server, and then never again. This also occurs when I add a higher quality version of the movie.

anujpuri85

Thanks for your quick response. I'd have to do that one at a time though, right? This hard drive has about 300 movies in it, so I'd rather not go through each one. Is there any other option?

Did you customize the server's date added behavior under Library -> Advanced?

Because out of box settings use the date created timestamp of the file. That means you can rename as much as you want and the date added value will remain the same.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

You must not save metadata with your media.  You could look at the TimeLord plugins.  The plugin converts all Date Added fields to the medias Release/Premiere date

• Like 1

anujpuri85

Did you customize the server's date added behavior under Library -> Advanced?

Because out of box settings use the date created timestamp of the file. That means you can rename as much as you want and the date added value will remain the same.

You're right, I had changed the setting to "Use date scanned into library", but I just changed it to "Use file creation date" and it hasn't changed the latest movies section. The movie I tested changing the folder name with still shows up. I even ran the scan media library task to see if that would refresh it; had to effect.

anujpuri85

You must not save metadata with your media.  You could look at the TimeLord plugins.  The plugin converts all Date Added fields to the medias Release/Premiere date

Hrm.. I think I do save the metadata with the media. I use Radarr to add new media, which should be setup to save metadata. I also use Media Center Master on each new movie I add, which adds metadata as well.

anujpuri85

Hrm.. I think I do save the metadata with the media. I use Radarr to add new media, which should be setup to save metadata. I also use Media Center Master on each new movie I add, which adds metadata as well.

I do have Radarr setup to change the file date to "In Cinemas Date"

• Solution
Happy2Play

Emby will not read MCM metadata unless you have the xml metadata plugin.  So I can only guess Emby is writing metadata directly to the database.

Note changes to the setting above only applies to new media,

• Like 1

You're right, I had changed the setting to "Use date scanned into library", but I just changed it to "Use file creation date" and it hasn't changed the latest movies section. The movie I tested changing the folder name with still shows up. I even ran the scan media library task to see if that would refresh it; had to effect.

Changes do not apply to existing media. Only new media added going forward.

anujpuri85

Emby will not read MCM metadata unless you have the xml metadata plugin.  So I can only guess Emby is writing metadata directly to the database.

Note changes to the setting above only applies to new media,

Hrm... interesting. So installing the XML Metadata plugin should fix my problem? As in, I can install that now, and then go ahead and change folder names to include the year, and those movies shouldn't show in the latest section?

Happy2Play

Hrm... interesting. So installing the XML Metadata plugin should fix my problem? As in, I can install that now, and then go ahead and change folder names to include the year, and those movies shouldn't show in the latest section?

You need to configure your library setups to read the xml metadata first per library after installing the plugin.  After making your folder changes Emby will read the dateadded field in the xml.

anujpuri85

You need to configure your library setups to read the xml metadata first per library after installing the plugin.  After making your folder changes Emby will read the dateadded field in the xml.

Alright, great. I'll give that a shot. Thank you!

Happy2Play

If you are saving nfo files with media. Emby should do the same thing.