Roku Star Button Flashes Subtitles Menu

PollackNC

PollackNC

When watching a movie, if I click on the Roku remote's star button to bring up the list of subtitles, the menu will pop on and off the screen. If I hold it down long enough, it will flash quickly, and occasionally I'm lucky enough that it lands with the menu 'on' so that I can select a subtitle.

This is happening on two different Roku 3 devices, in both the regular and the beta app. 

When watching a movie, if I click on the Roku remote's star button to bring up the list of subtitles, the menu will pop on and off the screen. If I hold it down long enough, it will flash quickly, and occasionally I'm lucky enough that it lands with the menu 'on' so that I can select a subtitle.

This is happening on two different Roku 3 devices, in both the regular and the beta app. 

Instead of that. Don't use * to change this during playback. Instead, press DOWN on the roku remote while the item is playing. This will display the OSD and buttons. Move down to the OSD button for subtitles and choose your subtitle this way.

The roku changed how the * key is able to be captured. It isn't reliable. The only reliable way to do subtitles is with the emby OSD.

Does this solve the issue?

PollackNC

Instead of that. Don't use * to change this during playback. Instead, press DOWN on the roku remote while the item is playing. This will display the OSD and buttons. Move down to the OSD button for subtitles and choose your subtitle this way.

The roku changed how the * key is able to be captured. It isn't reliable. The only reliable way to do subtitles is with the emby OSD.

Does this solve the issue?

Yep, thanks for that advice!

mikeraburn

Star button still works as normal on the Ultra 2017, at this MOMENT in time.

Who knows what the next hour will bring.