[Email Notif Plugin] Is it can't group items in one email ?

theghost31

theghost31
Hi

I'm using your Email Notif plugin which works well but I suggest you two features with one very important for me:
1) IMPORTANT
I want to have only one email every X minutes  hours / seconds etc. 
Avoid: If I upload 2 seasons of a tv shows, I don't want to have 39 emails in the same time :/

2) NOT IMPORTANT BUT USEFUL
I can't choose the group of folders that I want to follow for the emails.
User X wants to follow a specific tv show or sections etc, so this feature can help to notify the good people

MY SUGGESTION TO SOLUTION 1:
Your algo which watch and send an email, is it possible to modify it, in adding the name of the episode in one array / list and then, when the X minutes / seconds / hours are reached (using a batch or something like that); you build the template of the email and you loop on the list in the aim to show all episodes in only one mail ?

I think it's not very complicated and so much better like that :)

NB: Maybe I miss something  about this plugin to get this feature, I let you to tell me what you think about this

Regards
Edited by theghost31

We tried to group them in the past but users complained unfortunately.

The main challenge is that the notification protocol is generic. In email we can have as many characters as we want. In the other notification plugins there is not enough space to include the names of that many items. So it is going by what they all support.

theghost31
Thank you to had answered quickly ;)

If people want to regroup them, you can suggest the option and if they don't want, suggest also this possibility.

For example, an interval every 2 minutes will regroup items (during these 2 minutes) in the same mail but if you suggest 0 second, you will have the same behavior as now, everything will be separate but really I think and my friend too, that can be useful feature.

So we will have in one mail: 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The Simpsons S01E02
The Simpsons S01E03
The Simpsons S01E04 ect
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maybe you can create a survey. I'm sure I'm not the only to want this feature :)

Regards

NB: As you said in your previous answer, we can write everything in a mail so, why just write one line every time, it's too bad ;)
Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Great :D

Do you have any idea when you think to start this feature ? Like a roadmap for me ? Like that, I will be able to enable this feature because for the moment I can't, too many mails and too many notifs on my phone. Google (Gmail) is not happy with this loop :)

Thank you and good job with Emby !

Edit: Do you exist a version of your plugin which is already OK to do the feature that I suggested ? 

Edited by theghost31

Do you exist a version of your plugin which is already OK to do the feature that I suggested ? 

No,there is no such version already.

theghost31

oh alright :)

BTW, last question,  I just been spoiled via the Email notif. I just see when I added an episode of the tv show, the summary was written in the mail :/. Is it possible to avoid this problem with the current plugin like choose what I want as template fir the mail ?

Thank you !