External Subtitles not showing

maximilianh75

maximilianh75

External subtitles detected but can't be open because path problem

Here's the log

Please someone can help me???

MattBlacK85

Hi, I have the same issue. With latest beta.

Maybe it isn’t only the addon issue? On my iPhone with the Emby app I also don’t have subtitles but on my laptop in Google Chrome I have the subtitles.

Edited by MattBlacK85

MattBlacK85

I'm having this error in the log files:

2018-10-20 23:41:51.852 Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.5.3.0
 Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
 Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.36
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: True
 User Interactive: True
 Processor count: 8
 Program data path: /var/lib/emby
 Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
 System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
    at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
    at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()
 System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)

Not sure if this has to do with it but how can i resolve?

If i compare the log between the iOS app and the Chrome i'm not seeing any differences. Will try tommorrow between Chrome and the Kodi Emby addon.

I'm having this error in the log files:

2018-10-20 23:41:51.852 Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.5.3.0

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.36

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 8

Program data path: /var/lib/emby

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Not sure if this has to do with it but how can i resolve?

If i compare the log between the iOS app and the Chrome i'm not seeing any differences. Will try tommorrow between Chrome and the Kodi Emby addon.

Hi, is this about the log message, or is there a subtitle problem? If there is a subtitle problem, then please make sure to follow all of the guidelines in how to report a media playback issue, part of which is attaching full and complete log files. thanks !

Angelblue05

If you can replicate the issue in the web app, that'll be the most straightforward. Then you'd only need to provide your complete emby log that captures the play attempt.

maximilianh75

If you can replicate the issue in the web app, that'll be the most straightforward. Then you'd only need to provide your complete emby log that captures the play attempt.

This is log that's capture in play attemp. If i'm doing something wrong, please tell me

short log2.txt

This is log that's capture in play attemp. If i'm doing something wrong, please tell me

What is that a play attempt from? Please attach the full and complete emby server log. thanks.

maximilianh75

What is that a play attempt from?

AngelBlue05 says : If you can replicate the issue in the web app, that'll be the most straightforward. Then you'd only need to provide your complete emby log that captures the play attempt. 

I suppose that the moment I play the movie

Edited by maximilianh75
  • Like 1

maximilianh75

Did you try selecting the subtitles by clicking the CC icon in the web app video player?

The web app works well, the problem is in kodi that does not detect the path correctly and when you try to open the subtitle it gives an error. In the browser the subtitles work correctly

Edited by maximilianh75
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

That is really not how I understood it. I will check it out today. I finally have time. Thanks for your patience.

maximilianh75

That is really not how I understood it. I will check it out today. I finally have time. Thanks for your patience.

No, thanks you for working on that and sorry if can not be so clear to explain. My first lenguage is spanish and i try hard to communicate with you

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@maximilianh75

I see the issue, I'm just not sure how it's happening. My external subtitles work corrected. Can you play in Kodi and provide your Kodi log? Ensure addon logging is enabled (emby for kodi settings > advanced > log level set to info, disable Kodi debug). Thank you.

maximilianh75

@@maximilianh75

I see the issue, I'm just not sure how it's happening. My external subtitles work corrected. Can you play in Kodi and provide your Kodi log? Ensure addon logging is enabled (emby for kodi settings > advanced > log level set to info, disable Kodi debug). Thank you.

Here's the log. I open the same movie

Thx

kodi(10_22).log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Is the DeliveryUrl not supposed to be an emby url? This is the first time I see an actual path returned.

{
        u'IsInterlaced': False,
        u'DisplayTitle': u'Spa',
        u'IsExternalUrl': True,
        u'Language': u'spa',
        u'Index': 2,
        u'DeliveryUrl': u'E:\\MH\\MOVIES\\1080p(LB)\\Easy Money (1983)\\Easy Money (1983).spa.srt',
        u'SupportsExternalStream': True,
        u'DeliveryMethod': u'External',
        u'Codec': u'srt',
        u'IsForced': False,
        u'Path': u'E:\\MH\\MOVIES\\1080p(LB)\\Easy Money (1983)\\Easy Money (1983).spa.srt',
        u'Type': u'Subtitle',
        u'IsTextSubtitleStream': True,
        u'IsDefault': False,
        u'IsExternal': True
      }