External Subtitles not showing

maximilianh75

MattBlacK85

I'v tested the addon and it's working with external subs. Great, thank you!

But the external subs aren't working on Chromecast and iOS / Android apps.

In Google Chrome, Xbox and LG TV app they are working. Is this a bug in the server or are there any issues with the apps?

I'v tested the addon and it's working with external subs. Great, thank you!

But the external subs aren't working on Chromecast and iOS / Android apps.

In Google Chrome, Xbox and LG TV app they are working. Is this a bug in the server or are there any issues with the apps?

Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

hattori87

weird... this issue occured with me while using vpn. soon as i disconnected it, i was able to make it work, strange enough.

Edited by hattori87

Hi

Also have this problem on Nvidia shield with latest nightly Kodi 18 and the plugin version 3.1.32b

External subtitles or subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles.org do not show up.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ligulujoqe

Hello

Exactly the same problem but client is running on Amazon Fire TV.

Not at home at the moment. Later will post log if necessary

Edited by Aleta

justpig

I am experiencing the same problem with embyCon. Internal subtitles will play but not external ones.

I am using latest EmbyCon beta, latest beta Emby server and Kodi Nov 06 nightly build.

Tried to enable performance profiling but it just comes up with a popup asking if I want to enable it; click yes and it just pops up again. 

Nazgulled

Can you guys confirm if you're having this issue for both Movies and TV Shows? I'm asking this because I'm having a problem (not sure if it's the same one reported here) where external subtitles are not available, but just for TV Shows (Movies have no problems).

justpig

@Angelblue05:

I tried changing the position of the subtitles as suggested in the post but that did not resolve the issue.

The issue is only with EmbyCon. Emby for Kodi works perfectly with subtitles. 

justpig

After playing a number of files it seems that Emby for Kodi recognises the external subtitles properly as regarding their language for example English. However, EmbyCon sees the same external subtitle as unknown as regards to language. 

Angelblue05

That is because of a limitation in the Kodi api. It takes the language tag from the filename and there's none when using url subtitles (which is part of the emby api). The only reason it works for the emby for kodi addon is because it downloads the subtitles locally with the proper tag and so Kodi recognizes the language.

It would be better if the Kodi api simply allowed to name the subtitle track :)

Edited by Angelblue05