Only for remote access: password protection

Hi,

I have set my profiles with no passwords for easy usage of Media Browser inside my home by my family.

Recently I have opened the ports on my router for remote access, to acces Media Browser via my Android phone.

Is there a way to ensure that only I have remote access to my server?

E.g. via a password or via another way?

Any ideas anyone?

Koleckai Silvestri

Currently you have to have passwords on both. You can secure remote access more by hiding the usernames. So the person accessing the site needs to enter both the username and password?

You can circumvent this somewhat with local clients because they can remember who is logged in. If you're constantly switching users, this could be time consuming though. However if each user runs their own client they only need to sign in once. However what you request has been requested before. Having the requirement of a password on WAN and no password on LAN would be helpful. As would https access.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
Crestj

Is this on a to do list for any of the Dev's?

I hate to image how many of us have MBS setup with users (children) with no passwords yet have it open to the internet!

I would really like to see some kind of extra security when accessing the Server (to watch or manage) over the WAN.

Beardyname

Is this on a to do list for any of the Dev's?

I hate to image how many of us have MBS setup with users (children) with no passwords yet have it open to the internet!

I would really like to see some kind of extra security when accessing the Server (to watch or manage) over the WAN.

As long as the parents now what they are doing then it all should be all right ;)

But I do agree with you, I however think this is more low priority than some other stuff, like music playlists :)

Edited by Beardyname