FreeBSD release of Emby 3.5.3

rawdrewage

rawdrewage

Any idea when 3.5.3 will be available for FreeBSD? It's about a month behind the official release date. Thanks for any info.

I ask because Chrome is busted and supposed to be fixed in the newer version.

Hi, we submitted it a few weeks ago to FreeBSD ports, so at this point we're just waiting for it to be merged in.

• 3 weeks later...
rawdrewage

I did not have time to figure out why but when I deinstalled the pkg and reinstalled the port via portmaster it killed my live tv streaming. Everything else seemed to work. I deinstalled and put the pkg back in (pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.5.3.0/emby-server-freebsd_3.5.3.0_amd64.txz) and it's working fine. So something is different in the port maybe? 

I always installed ports previous to 3.5.3 with no issues.

• Like 1

unhooked

Is there a way to override the samba version requirements? There are too many conflicting package dependencies now, I can either have emby or my desktop and filemanagers.

unhooked

Those packages fail to install because of the dependency on samba48.

However, if you edit the ports Makefile and change the lib depends to samba47 or delete that line you can install without

triggering a package storm.

I would advise anyone doing this to:

<its 5:45pm> sudo pkg lock emby-server
emby-server-3.5.3.0: lock this package? [y/N]: y
Locking emby-server-3.5.3.0

After installing,  or the next portupgrade (or pkg upgrade)  you do will start the whole samba conflict all over again.

When you do want to update emby, unlock the port, edit the makefile again, make install, lock again.

** This is using the ports tree for installation as opposed to pkg **

Edited by unhooked

• 3 months later...
rawdrewage

Have you abandoned using the freebsd ports tree? Emby has been sitting at 3.5.3 since last October I think. I have been using the manual install but portmaster yells at me every morning that the version I am using succeeds the index 3.5.3. . 

Should I be concerned you are going to abandon freebsd server altogether? 

It will soon be in ports.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19130

In the form as it sits now, shared library errors will be gone and it will be easier for the Emby team to submit updates in the future.

This change has been huge in the viewpoint of the makefile and the general approach of the port.

Also, SMB support has been made into an option of the port (which I saw passing here as a request). 

Thanks

Edited by Duffyx
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
rawdrewage

Ok. so now you guys have ORPHANED emby server from the ports tree. Thanks guys.

Now I have to deal with an orphaned port and hope nothing breaks because of this. Thanks for teh heads up. Nice work!

rawdrewage
        ===>>> No /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server-4.0.2.0 exists, and no information

===>>> about multimedia/emby-server-4.0.2.0 can be found in /usr/ports/MOVED

rawdrewage
Thanks for WASTING my morning. You guys really need to step it up. Now I have to waste a bunch of time cleaning up a mess made by you. Not cool in any way shape or form and extremely unprofessional. I am unable to do software updates until I deal with your mess.THANKS!!!

===>>> Launching child to update emby-server-4.0.2.0_1 to mkfontscale-1.2.0

===>>> All >> emby-server-4.0.2.0_1 (9/9)

===>>> No /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server-4.0.2.0 exists, and no information

===>>> about multimedia/emby-server-4.0.2.0 can be found in /usr/ports/MOVED

rawdrewage

No you aren't. Look at the postmaster messages i am getting. It's gone and no info in MOVED. And it's way out of date anyway going back to last August I think. What a PITA!

You guys haven't handled this really since last summer. This is not a good way to treat paying customers.

Maybe they pulled you because you guys are out of compliance in some way? Like being so far out of sync with the pkg db.

Go ahead and update your ports tree and see. Read the portmaster error messages above. 

I really want to love emby but this has been a disappointment for the last 6 months or so. You guys do not seem to have it together, Problems just linger for months and years from the messages I have been reading. Is there a plan to get it together or am I seriously wasting my time on this? 

rawdrewage

It's there just wrong and f'ing things up.

Get the versions right. I shouldn't be having these issues!!! It's very unprofessional. THANKS

chaosmonger777

It is still there and there is nothing wrong with it: https://www.freshports.org/search.php?query=emby&search=go&num=10&stype=name&method=match&deleted=excludedeleted&start=1&casesensitivity=caseinsensitive

Did a poudriere run last week when it hit ports and did the update without any problems. Are you sure that your portstree might have not been updated correctly and now Emby seems broken to you?

Edited by chaosmonger777

Duffyx

The first thing I notice is that you are trying to find the following directory: multimedia/emby-server-4.0.2.0 

This directory does not exist in the FreeBSD ports treeThe port is under multimedia/emby-server like it always has!

Proof: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/emby-server/

This begs me to question; are you using any derivative of FreeBSD? (it's possible they use another ports tree)

rawdrewage

No I am not using anything derivative.

uname output - FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE

I notice someone decided to try to get it together but it's still the wrong version. 

emby-server-4.0.2.0_1 > succeeds index (index has 4.0.2.0) 

pkg version is on left and port version on right. That's what you have in the ports tree now, since yesterday. 

What is the problem with doing this correctly? It really can't take that much effort.

Most of us use ports or packages, not both. That's one the things that causes stuff to get out of sync and makes a big mess of everything. I started using ports with emby but it has been a mess for a very long time now. 

Please fix THANKS

adrianwi

Not sure if this helps, but I recreated my emby jail yesterday on FreeNAS using the pkg install instructions on the website in the FreeBSD section.  It created a 4.0.2.0 version which I mounted back to my database and media libraries.

It worked fine and means I'm no longer using the plugin route that worked well for the 3.6.n.n beta testing.

Duffyx

There is nothing wrong with the port nor the package created from the port.

emby-server-4.0.2.0_1 > succeeds index (index has 4.0.2.0) 

Could you try the following commands please and post output here.

pkg info emby-server-4.0.2.0_1
pkg upgrade -f emby-server-4.0.2.0_1

That should prompt you to "downgrade" your local package (which I have no clue about how this got on your system) to the official repository one.

If that fixes it great! If it doesn't please post output here.

Edited by Duffyx

chaosmonger777

@duffyx: that won't help - he's using the portstree as he stated - NOT pkg. I guess his tree is borked while using svn/portsnap/whatever. He's not very clear in this respect.

Please rename and then rebuild your portstree (portsnap fetch; portsnap extract etc.) and then try to upgrade. It is DEFINITELY not on the Emby side. Put up a new jail this afternoon and compiled and installed: no problems!