Question about my Router

almarri23
Go to solution Solved by almarri23,

almarri23
hi every one, 

i have just bought a synology ds 218+ and i tried all the programm which is similar to emby but i did not like it. the only problem that iam facing on emby is that i cannot use it remotely. although the plex and DS video station it can be used remotely.

i need your help :) 

almarri23

hi luke, i tried many times to enter my emby server remotely but emby keeping sying connection failure.

i checked the other programmes in the synology and it can been used remotely without any problem. thats mean the problem is from ebmy itself.

before i announced my problem here, i checked and folow the steps that this website provied but nothing happened (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity)

Edited by almarri23

What steps did you try from the connection troubleshooter, and what was the result of each one? Thanks.

almarri23

I put the IP address and port number but it did not work , I also put the IP address on chrom to check and it did not work either.

• Solution
almarri23

update 

i already solved the issue, the porblem was router configuration did not allow the emby server, so i enable the emby server port and now i can enter to my emby server remotely