Kodi client art and folder name doesn't match server art and name

rbronco21

rbronco21

I have 5 seasons of a show, each in their own season folder, and I created an extra Specials folder. 5 seasons and the Special folder show on the server. The seasons show their respective artwork, and I added the generic artwork to the Specials folder and it looks good. When I sync it to Kodi, Season 1 is called Specials, has the generic artwork, and shows everything from Season 1. The Specials folder contains the specials, but has no artwork.

For now, I hide the Specials folder with a .ignore file and Season 1 works and I don't have access to the specials. Is there anything else I can do to fix it? Anything I can do to help troubleshoot the issue?

rbronco21

That's fine, but it breaks my Season 1 folder name and artwork. It all looks good on the server, then is broken on the client.

Angelblue05

Yeah that part is weird for sure. I've not seen anyone report such an issue before. Can you provide your directory structure so I can replicate it on my side?

Edited by Angelblue05

rbronco21

Show

-Season 1

--Show.S01E01.name

--Show.S01E02.name

-Specials

--Show.S00E101.name

The specials aren't on theTVdb, so I put in high episode numbers so it wouldn't confuse it with the one special in there. I'd be happy to provide anything else I can. If it matters, I am using the Docker server on unRAID, Version 3.5.3.0.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@rbronco21

Does this impact all your shows? What Kodi version are you running? To recap, this is just a mix up in the metadata/artwork between season 1 and specials. Their content is correctly assigned?

rbronco21

It is the only one I tried. I removed the .ignore file to sort out the details and it worked this time. It was broken for a while, so maybe it was broken in an earlier version of the server and clearing it out removed some broken info?

• Like 1