Emby for Android Shield TV not playing back HDR on all titles

gleep52

CBers

That’s not entirely true. Works fine on Plex. Emby could develop their own player I guess?

Plex have a work around, not a solution.

• Like 2

vdatanet

Plex have a work around, not a solution.

That's true, a work-around is a method to circumvent a problem, but the problem is still there. 

gleep52

If it's a work around, but I didn't have to do anything to make it work - it feels like a solution to me...?  I just open plex and push play... it works.  Don't get me wrong - i still use Emby as my main player except for 4K movies sadly... 

Deathmo

If it's a work around, but I didn't have to do anything to make it work - it feels like a solution to me...?  I just open plex and push play... it works.  Don't get me wrong - i still use Emby as my main player except for 4K movies sadly... 

Same goes for me.

I switch back and forth between Emby and Plex.

I like Emby better, but if HDR isn't working, I use Plex for that.

Edited by Deathmo

vdatanet

That's also true. My work-around is to play these cropped files with Plex and the rest with Emby. 

CBers

Just a reminder that the issue is only with CROPPED HDR content.

HDR content that is at the full size, 3840x2160 triggers HDR fine.

The old addage applies here, "Garbage in, Garbage out" :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

@HRSRC Do you have a link to exoplayer patch please?  I can't seem to find it on nvidia forums.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Riggs

It appears that @ has been using it for a month, but didn't bother to tell anyone :rolleyes:

Is there in one of the topics @@ebr ask and i answer it

Is not my fault, i had no authorization to spread that fix. Other guy just publish it in other topic. I have order to not say anything from Nvidia.

Riggs

@HRSRC Do you have a link to exoplayer patch please?  I can't seem to find it on nvidia forums.

Ask on Nvidia forums please

CBers

Is there in one of the topics @@ebr ask and i answer it

Is not my fault, i had no authorization to spread that fix. Other guy just publish it in other topic. I have order to not say anything from Nvidia.

We don't want you to spread the fix, but supply a URL to where it is mentioned.

I am part of the PRIVATE betas forum for the Shield, but I haven't seen any mention of a patch to fix cropped HDR playback. Send me a PM if you want.

Riggs

We don't want you to spread the fix, but supply a URL to where it is mentioned.

I am part of the PRIVATE betas forum for the Shield, but I haven't seen any mention of a patch to fix cropped HDR playback. Send me a PM if you want.

There is no url to download the patch, you need to ask to the moderator for it and via PM provide your serial number

BTW Shield Experience Upgrade 7.2.3 is OUT

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1102308/shield-tv/shield-experience-upgrade-7-2-3/

CBers

There is no url to download the patch, you need to ask to the moderator for it and via PM provide your serial number

BTW Shield Experience Upgrade 7.2.3 is OUT

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1102308/shield-tv/shield-experience-upgrade-7-2-3/

My Shield is already running that version, but HDR for CROPPED content is still not triggered.

Have you actually tested with CROPPED content ?

Riggs

Was not a public discussion i just post a situation there and the moderator contact me  via PM.

I had lucky, and some partners here too