Can't "Play On Kodi" anymore

Kiina

So I had to upgrade to the Beta Channel and I'm now on 3.1.31a as Kodi v18 Leia doesn't seem to work with the stable one. Before I could always cast to Kodi as DLNA won't display the subtitles. But after the upgrade the option seems gone. I set up another fresh Kodi v18 Instance to check if it's maybe a problem with my installation, but the same thing. Also updated to emby 3.6.0.55 beta thinking maybe beta and stable won't play nice together, but same issue.

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log? I also don't understand what you mean by stable?

The dependencies have changed for the beta version of Emby for Kodi, that's what playback depends on. Make sure they are version 0.13. If you are referring to the stable version of the addon, then the dependency you need is version 0.11.

Yeah, not sure if the logs are of much help, doesn't seem like there is much in them.

https://pastebin.com/raw/bpHecW0N

What it looks like when I'm on the stable branch:

5bc4912f20e3c_emby2.png

What it looks like when I'm on the beta branch:

5bc4915a2dc1e_kodi.png

Playback itself is fine on both, just the "play on" casting won't work at all

Edited by Kiina

Angelblue05

I don't have this issue and your log looks fine to me. Does Kodi still appear as an active device in your server dashboard?

I don't have this issue and your log looks fine to me. Does Kodi still appear as an active device in your server dashboard?

No it doesn't show up there.