Server not using specified cache directory

marauder

marauder

I've specified a specific directory for cache, metadata, transcoding etc. The server is not using the cache directory specified for storage. 

I'm using Emby Docker version 3.5.3.0 on Unraid.

I've specified it to use path

/mnt/Emby/transcode/cache

Looking at that path there's around 350M of data in it. So Emby is writing to it. But the majority of my cache is in the default location /cache/ as this folder is around 600M. 

How do i move all the cache from /cache into the specified cache. I don't know why there is any cache there as i moved the cache location when i first setup the sever.

Hi, why do you feel emby isn't using it? Those other files in the previous directory could just be from before you configured it.

marauder

I set up the new cache folder when I first setup the system so there shouldn’t be many files if any using the original location.

What is the best way to move the cache to the new directory? That way I can see if it’s still getting written to.

Do I have to update the nfo files for each file or do I can I just delete the cache and have the library rerun.

marauder

So I just checked the time stamps and they appear to be older. So I it is writing to the new location as the modification dates are newer.

So I guess my ask would be what’s the best way to move the cache to the other location.