Error Code - VolleyError com.android.volley.VolleyError:

KeeganRules

KeeganRules

Evening.

I have recently been having a problem connecting one of my Fire Sticks to an existing Emby server.

For information these are the current devices connected to the Emby server with no problems

Chris’s Fire TV (Pin - Working)

Chris Fire Tablet (Username - Working)

Chris’s Fire TV stick (Pin - Working)

My issue is with my other device (George’s Fire TV stick) .

When I load the Emby app and try to pin it on http://emby.media/pin I get the Pin Successful message but after clicking ‘Next’ on the app I get the following message ‘VolleyError com.android.volley.VolleyError:’

I am then given a few options including Manual Connect/Switch Server/Send Logs.

I have been able to pin other devices after this so it is not a device max limit issue.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

maegibbons

Is George's Fire TV Stick in the same location as the other devices and server?  i.e. all on the same LAN?

Krs

Mark

KeeganRules

George’s Fire TV stick is in the same location as all the other devices and connected to the same WiFi.

It is a remote server I am connecting to that holds all the media but there is no issue at there end as I have managed to connect other devices to it after failing with George’s Fire TV stick.

Edited by KeeganRules

KeeganRules

Hi. Is it possible to connect that device with the manual connection method?

Unfortunately not, when I try the manual connection method it just states that ‘Username and Password is incorrect’ but I have typed it slowly numerous times and it still comes up with the wrong User/Pass error.

Unfortunately not, when I try the manual connection method it just states that ‘Username and Password is incorrect’ but I have typed it slowly numerous times and it still comes up with the wrong User/Pass error.

Is there anything unusual about the user name or password?  What version of the app are you running on this device?

KeeganRules

Nothing unusual at all, normal Emby username and password.

I am using the Emby for Fire app, latest version directly downloaded from the Amazon App Store.

I have 2 Firesticks, exactly the same model and connected to the same WiFi connection, in rooms next door to each other. One pinned absolutely fine, and this other one is just not allowing me to do it.

Can you please confirm the actual version number?

Also, please try to log in manually and, after it fails, that screen should have a "Send Logs" button on it.  Please do that and come back and tell me exactly what time you did.

Thanks.

KeeganRules

Can you please confirm the actual version number?

Also, please try to log in manually and, after it fails, that screen should have a "Send Logs" button on it. Please do that and come back and tell me exactly what time you did.

Thanks.

Emby for Fire TV (Version Number - 1.6.15a)

I have just sent the logs now, 20:25 UK time.

Thanks.

Okay, darn it, this keeps tripping us up and I keep forgetting about it :).

The problem is the name of the device.  It has a character in it that the web protocol doesn't like.  Rename the device to remove that character OR try the beta version which should get around this problem.

Thanks.

KeeganRules

Can you clarify what the special character is?

I can connect with the Firestick named ‘Chris’s Fire TV stick’ but I cannot connect with the Firestick named ‘George’s Fire TV stick’ . So they both have the same characters in them?

I did read previous posts that stated a special character was the problem so I changed the name to ‘George Stick’ and it still wouldn’t connect?

Edited by KeeganRules

Can you try retyping that device name completely?  What language is the device set to?

The issue comes in with characters that have diacritics.  e.g.  ø ê

You don't need to sideload the beta but you do need to jump through a couple hoops for Amazon.

KeeganRules

The device name is ‘George’s Fire TV stick’

The language is set to UK British

I will sort out the Amazon beta at some point and test that instead.

Thanks for your help!

cambia el nombre por Georges y te funcionara, a mi me pasaba lo mismo. para cambiar el nombre lo puedes hacer desde la pagina de Amazon

KeeganRules

Thanks for all the advice. The problem seemed to be the use of an apostrophe so instead of ‘George’s’ I have renamed it ‘George’ and it worked straightaway.

Strange as 2 of my other devices are called ‘Chris’s’ and they work fine but I’m just pleased it’s all working now.

Thanks for everyone’s advice and I hope this can help someone else in the future.

Edited by KeeganRules

An actual apostrophe should not be a problem but, perhaps, it was some other character that looked just like an apostrophe - like an accent.

The beta should be able to handle it though.

• 2 weeks later...

How's the fix coming along for this volley error? I get it about one in four or five times and I keep telling my wife it's a known issue and the Emby team is working on it.

I use ShieldTV, not FireTV, and they aren't particularly named.. here's what they look like in the ShieldTV app on my phone.69d17d63398b8fb7c18de5f9829a84df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This particular problem has been fixed.

The problem is the error you are seeing is generic. "Volley" is just the name of the network library on the platform so that is really just saying there is some sort of network error.

So, when, exactly, is this happening?

This particular problem has been fixed.

The problem is the error you are seeing is generic. "Volley" is just the name of the network library on the platform so that is really just saying there is some sort of network error.

So, when, exactly, is this happening?

It can happen when initially opening Emby or when starting to play either a video file or a LiveTV stream.

BTW, all my ShieldTV's are on gig ethernet so I'm not sure there's a network issue.

Parkers-Emby

Hi am now getting volleyerror on all my devices it will no longer let me search on my shield or fire devices I get the volley error, it was working a few days ago so I guess there has been an update?

Hi am now getting volleyerror on all my devices it will no longer let me search on my shield or fire devices I get the volley error, it was working a few days ago so I guess there has been an update?

This is a problem related specifically to searching.  What version of the server are you running?