What is the addon updating? (Picture enclosed)

highonascii
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

highonascii

Never seen the addon do this until the newest update... Curious what it is doing because it never did this before?

5bbedf604ac55_embybeta.jpg

• Solution
Angelblue05

It's the progress bar for pending content updates to process by the add-on. You can control the notification in the add-on settings > interface

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

highonascii

My server no way had 1400+ new updates... I booted up kodi and everything was up to date synced, then I watch some news for like 10mins in pvr, get bored and shut it off, then that update popped up top right... I'll grab log when it finishes... taking forever lol

Edited by highonascii

highonascii

Ok it like super sped up and I looked at log, maybe I did have that many updates lol Nothing seems wrong or out of sorts in log. I'll look at my settings... thanks :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I've noticed with 3.6, it seems to generate a lot of updates. I don't know if it's related to a regression or just simply because there's a lot of database modifications on going right now. Something to look out for.

My server no way had 1400+ new updates... I booted up kodi and everything was up to date synced, then I watch some news for like 10mins in pvr, get bored and shut it off, then that update popped up top right... I'll grab log when it finishes... taking forever lol

Such notification was also present in previous iterations of the addon actually, before the huge .DB changes. It was just displayed on a dif. manner. You can adjust the settings to not show such pop-up though. It's in the addon settings, just set a high number.

The one thing that I actually discussed in the past with @@Angelblue05 was that it seemed to trigger "compressing database" whenever some of the other user profiles navigated either the server itself or emby for KODI addon on their respective machines in my home. Either by watching content or simply opening and closing information screens on media.

Which never got proven it was interconnected.

I don't know if you're new to the addon but there was a period of time that such notification got taken down while the beta packages were being developed but Angel re-added 2 miniversions ago.

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

highonascii

Such notification was also present in previous iterations of the addon actually, before the huge .DB changes. It was just displayed on a dif. manner. You can adjust the settings to not show such pop-up though. It's in the addon settings, just set a high number.

The one thing that I actually discussed in the past with @@Angelblue05 was that it seemed to trigger "compressing database" whenever some of the other user profiles navigated either the server itself or emby for KODI addon on their respective machines in my home. Either by watching content or simply opening and closing information screens on media.

Which never got proven it was interconnected.

I don't know if you're new to the addon but there was a period of time that such notification got taken down while the beta packages were being developed but Angel re-added 2 miniversions ago.

I've been using emby on kodi for only a few months now. I originally used the stable version, but I like to beta test to help out things I like, so I moved on to the beta here.

I have seen the compressing database pop up before too, but not recently that I have noticed. My database is pretty huge so I just figured that was why that popped up.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

That database compressing message comes from Kodi and can be hidden. In Kodi settings > media > hide library updates.

• Like 1

highonascii

That database compressing message comes from Kodi and can be hidden. In Kodi settings > media > hide library updates.

Yeah I just figured it was kodi anyways hehe I like seeing what kodi is doing so I'll keep it on but thanks for confirming. Cheers!

Yeah I just figured it was kodi anyways hehe I like seeing what kodi is doing so I'll keep it on but thanks for confirming. Cheers!

The thing is, depending on which skin you use (I've tested it with Aeon MQ7) "compressing database" popup, can lock-up your system for 1-3 sec (and I have NVidia Shields) which is annoying, specially when browsing collections. On Bello 6, for instance, it didn't lock up. But I just turned it off anyway. Emby for KODI already has many popups manually turned ON by me. :)

I have 7k movies and 800 shows, so pretty huge too.

Regarding the other popup (in your 1st post) it is like I said, it was showing up on stable as well. It just got taken down briefly on betas and now it's back (slightly changed).

What I was trying to mention is that in the past I thought (and still cant prove it otherwise) that browsing the server or marking stuff as "watched", etc, even with another user profile, triggers such updates on a dif. profile when using Emby for KODI.

Haven't seen it happen since the newest and revamped beta's though.

@@Angelblue05 On another note, if I disable "hide library updates" like you said, in KODI, it won't prevent "new content" notifications from still showing up in KODI but coming from the plugin, correct?

Cheers

Edited by djhifi

highonascii

The thing is, depending on which skin you use (I've tested it with Aeon MQ7) "compressing database" popup, can lock-up your system for 1-3 sec (and I have NVidia Shields) which is annoying, specially when browsing collections. On Bello 6, for instance, it didn't lock up. But I just turned it off anyway. Emby for KODI already has many popups manually turned ON by me. :)

I have 7k movies and 800 shows, so pretty huge too.

Regarding the other popup (in your 1st post) it is like I said, it was showing up on stable as well. It just got taken down briefly on betas and now it's back (slightly changed).

What I was trying to mention is that in the past I thought (and still cant prove it otherwise) that browsing the server or marking stuff as "watched", etc, even with another user profile, triggers such updates on a dif. profile when using Emby for KODI.

Haven't seen it happen since the newest and revamped beta's though.

@@Angelblue05 On another note, if I disable "hide library updates" like you said, in KODI, it won't prevent "new content" notifications from still showing up in KODI but coming from the plugin, correct?

Cheers

Yes the new content comes from the addon and can be disabled in settings > interface > new content