Tizen app is not showing season episodes

skobkin

KingOfTheHaggi

I am running on a Samsung UN55KU6290 with 1.0.48

I'm unable to see individual episodes for the past few days. I just came across this thread and tried the several solutions suggested and nothing works.

My series are in Folders   with Episodes/Season/Episode 

The circle Loading symbol thing is also happening when selecting any media, TV shows movies etc. And unless you hit the select button the symbol with stay forever.

I debated installing plex server again until this gets fixed but I would hate to do that As I just paid for premium and cancelled my Plex.

Found a temporary workaround

I am able to select individual episodes with the Yatse App for android phone/tablet if anyone wants to use this as a workaround until it gets fixed.  Really nice Emby/Kodi remote. it cost like 4 dollars I think but So far It has helped me watch the media I want. Just a suggestion.

the beta server (.77) work around is free did u try that also or do you stick to official release (3.5) only? 

Dawnfreak

I'm on Beta  3.6.0.77 as of this morning. 

The loading symbol problem was fixed by the beta server it seems, but I am still unable to Select individual episodes as it only shows Play all and shuffle when you select a season.

KingOfTheHaggi

I'm on Beta  3.6.0.77 as of this morning. 

The loading symbol problem was fixed by the beta server it seems, but I am still unable to Select individual episodes as it only shows Play all and shuffle when you select a season.

if you see next episode (below show info and shuffle) after selecting the show you should then be able to click that and see all episodes in the season below the episode information

Dawnfreak

When you click on the series that you wish to plat. You see Play all / Shuffle .  season info etc.

Below that

Play Next. click this and it only allows you to see the current season that you are on .  IE * episode 1 season 1 will show only first season in complete. But not the other say 8 seasons ( how do i see the other season)

Below that

Then All seasons individually.   ( click on these and it does nothing but show play all / shuffle.

KingOfTheHaggi

my work around for viewing another season is not great but i can open up the seasons and mark as viewed even though it shows no episodes 

e.g. if i want season 5 but are on season 2 i can mark 2 3 4 as watched then play next should show season 5 episode 1 i can click that and get all the episodes in season 5

KingOfTheHaggi

ok after messing about to me it appears there is something wrong with the displaying/generating of episodes in the seasons folder only

i have created multiple folders messed about with library etc and the only part that does not work is the subdirectory of seasons (series -> season # -> my season files

but i think you are already aware of that but the only simple solution i can now come up with for a work around until this can be sorted is as follows (TESTED ON .78 BETA ONLY i need to reinstall again to try on official release will post an update on sunday afternoon hopefully not going to do it now as its nearly 1 am and will more than likely take a while to scan libraries after each install):

1. go into season you want to watch and hit the play all if you want to play them in order one after the other or shuffle if order is not important
  2. and then one playing you press pause or enter on remote to bring up the episode menu
  3. then scroll over to the "jump" button ( play arrow with the line to the right of it going up and down) 
  4. just keep hitting that button and each episode will load stop pressing on the one you want but do allow time for episode to load so you can see the episode number

this is somewhat a better work around than my last suggestion but not entirely any better but may seem easier for some and less work

update 1:

the same method detailed above works for emby official release just done a fresh install cause screw sleep i will get lots of that later in life.

Edited by KingOfTheHaggi

I guess my take away is DON'T UPDATE SAMSUNG FIRMWARE (once it is working again).  Knew it was a bad idea, but I updated the TV firmware (v1230 or 1231.0?) before thanksgiving, and only I saw the problem this week. That *seems* to correlate with the Emby Client app v 1.0.48 update....  so possibly there are multiple issues, and the Emby update to fix one problem broke the older firmware?  I know when I updated my TV again last night, it was only one digit newer, and I only started looking @ that b/c I noticed this issue.

So, do we know if Samsung is aware of the problem?

Anyone find anything on downgrading Samsung TV firmware?  That would be a fix too.  I've been looking, but this is all I can find, and it says it is one way (up, not down).

scrambles

I'm having the same issue. Emby Server 3.6.0.80 Beta, Samsung UN65KS8000 running Emby Theater 1.0.48. It's been broken for a few weeks now iirc.

Edited by scrambles

Beta Server 3.6.0.81 has added a workaround for this. Please let me know if it resolves it for you. Thanks !

• Like 1

SolGersh32

For some reason every time I install beta-server, it's not working at all - I see service running, but there's nothing on port 8096. Re-installing 3.5.3.0 makes it work again.

For some reason every time I install beta-server, it's not working at all - I see service running, but there's nothing on port 8096. Re-installing 3.5.3.0 makes it work again.

Hi there, we're happy to help with this. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

Version 3.6.0.81 beta, did not change the behavior of the missing tv seasons episodes.

Can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks.

BLUF: 

My Samsung SmartTV (UN55KU630D) still is broken with the beta (compared to server 3.4.x), *BUT* episode menus and playback is much improved in beta.

(wish we had a archive of older server install packages... <_< )

**My current work-around for my production server (3.5.3.0) is to browse/play w/ Emby-Android, and cast to the TV via DLNA.  This works pretty well (once it starts, I can control playback from TV remote), though I think I found a bug (not sure if it is Emby-droid or TV, though) where if I disconnect from the cast-to-device menu, I can't reconnect from *that* device until I connect from a different device. So, I don't disconnect...  :D  just close/minimize the app.

Details of some testing of server 3.6.0.81 I did with the TV (logs attached):

1) No infinite wait circle animation (improved)

2) Nav to series shows all seasons correctly (improved)

3) Nav-ing to a season shows *NO* episodes (same)

4) "Play-all" in season works (improved)

4) @ the Series menu, "next up" shows (improved)

5) selecting "next-up" will show episode info, and other episodes in that season (improved)

6) can select/play any episode in that season

7) movies are play-able (see #1)   :)

8) Edge client on other Windows 10 clients works properly.

9) Win10 Emby Theater works properly

10) Emby-Android works properly

note: Episodic series dir-structure is: …/TV/Series Name/Season X/EpisodeName-SS-EE.mp4 (spaces in path)

Ok, here's what I did to test beta server:

1) Clean Win10 install in Hyper-V VM (today)

2) installed Beta 3.6.0.81 on VM

3) added the episodic file-share from original/production server as "TV shows" library

Hope this info helps both devs and the community.   :)

EmbyBeta-3.6.0.81-log.txt

Edited by Jasells

rukia3600

Hi Luke,

Appreciate all that you do. Any luck fixing the episodes not showing up for Samsung TV's? (#3 in the previous post). Thanks again.

It has been difficult to figure out a workaround for this, but i have good news.

Samsung has just approved our update that resolves this issue. Now we have to wait for them to launch it. Thanks.

• Like 1

zachary24

hey, do you know if they launched it yet? I started having this problem several days ago, and I checked last night for an update and there was, so I installed it and the problem still persists, I constantly forget to check for updates so it could have very well have been an update from some time ago, thanks!

Edited by zachary24

FrostByte

hey, do you know if they launched it yet? I started having this problem several days ago, and I checked last night for an update and there was, so I installed it and the problem still persists, I constantly forget to check for updates so it could have very well have been an update from some time ago, thanks!

What version do you have now?

1.0.53 has launched for 2016 devices to resolve the issue of episodes not appearing on the season screen. I apologize for this issue. Thank you guys for your patience.

• Like 1

1.0.53 has launched for 2016 devices to resolve the issue of episodes not appearing on the season screen. I apologize for this issue. Thank you guys for your patience.

Can confirm its fixed Samsung UN65KS8000

Thank You!

• Like 1