Auto Organize Help

marauder

marauder

I'm trying to setup auto organize on my Movies folder. I can't seem to get it to work. 

My movies download to the temp location: /Media/TempData/TempMovies

I want them to be moved to /Media/Movies/

I've told it to create a subfolder per movie and gave it the pattern(%mn (%my) as well as the movie file pattern(%mn.%ext) and tell it to move and delete empty folders.

When I run organize it fails for every movie in the folder. It always has the same error : Unable to find movie in library matching name 

For example: 

I have

/Media/TempData/TempMovies# ls Raiders.of.the.Lost.Ark.1981.720p.BluRay.DD5.1.x264-EbP/
Raiders.of.the.Lost.Ark.1981.720p.BluRay.DD5.1.x264-EbP.mkv  Raiders.of.the.Lost.Ark.1981.720p.BluRay.DD5.1.x264-EbP.nfo
/Media/TempData/TempMovies#
I get the error Unable to find movie in library matching name Raiders.of.the.Lost.Ark
I've even tried creating the folder path in the destination and still doesn't work. 

What am i Missing?
Edited by marauder

marauder

I found out that if i got to the folder icon on the activity log and specify the type as movie, then hit the + to discover the movie, it'll find the movie and move it. So i'm not sure why it's not finding it automatically. 

• 4 months later...
milonesharing

Were you able to figure this out, I have the same exact issue, every file requires manual intervention.

marauder

what i've been doing is hit organize, which will fail to organize any of them. Then hit the folder button on the right after the files name. In the pop up select the file type and in the next box hit the + sign. This will then search for the movie in the metadata providers. Select the movie and it will then transfer it to the target directory. I do this for each file.

• 2 years later...
xlerate
On 3/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, marauder said:

what i've been doing is hit organize, which will fail to organize any of them. Then hit the folder button on the right after the files name. In the pop up select the file type and in the next box hit the + sign. This will then search for the movie in the metadata providers. Select the movie and it will then transfer it to the target directory. I do this for each file.

Having this same issue. Oddly, for a TV Series with 6 seasons, it worked like a charm better than I really expected.

But now with any new series and all movies, I have to follow the same process you described. I just read in a related thread, the plugin only will add episodes to an existing series. So I understand now how this will work, the target folder has to exist already?

That seems useful for ongoing series, but less automated for movies if there is not more than one of that title.

14 hours ago, xlerate said:

the target folder has to exist already?

If you mean the folder for the series or movie, no, it does not have to exist already.

• 2 months later...
User5555
On 3/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, marauder said:

you may need to wait few minutes for Emby to process the newly added folder. Then use Auto Orgaize / Organize (button) again.