• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

@CBers any possibility you can give me a short sample of that?  I don't have any eac3 audio, so I suspect I'm not checking correctly how Emby is reporting it.  Latest code should detect EAC3 and Shield, and pass everything through.

#62 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142604 posts
  • Local time: 11:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

the codec name in emby should just be eac3.

#63 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15078 posts
  • Local time: 04:42 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

As Luke says, the codec name in Emby EAC3.

There are some samples here:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

#64 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

As Luke says, the codec name in Emby EAC3.

There are some samples here:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Thanks.   I'll get some of these samples loaded up with the latest Emby server and see if I can get them direct playing correctly on the Shield.  

#65 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

Thanks.   I'll get some of these samples loaded up with the latest Emby server and see if I can get them direct playing correctly on the Shield.  

@CBers @Luke I was able to download and direct stream the Dolby Digital Plus from here on my Shield TV and it seemed to detect it fine.

https://www.demo-wor...ck_lossless.jpg

I'm going to try and get some 4K content down and see if it will direct play.    With Serenity @CBers if you see the skip ahead and skip back on screen options enabled in the video, it means it is direct playing.  Those options won't be enabled if Transcoding is occurring.   Will report what I find for the 4K content.

Update:

I also tried the following 4K file, and it direct streamed as well on the Shield.

https://www.demoland...php?id=60876578

Edited by kingargyle, 24 February 2019 - 07:27 PM.

• CBers likes this

#66 dewd OFFLINE  

dewd

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

I had no idea Serenity was still being developed.  I used it years ago with Plex and then development just seemed to stop.  I'll give it another go now that I've moved to Emby.  

• CBers and kingargyle like this

#67 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15078 posts
  • Local time: 04:42 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

With Serenity @CBers if you see the skip ahead and skip back on screen options enabled in the video, it means it is direct playing. Those options won't be enabled if Transcoding is occurring.

Yes they were there, but they weren't functional.

Do you have the Emby ATV app installed?

If so, you'll see the sort of things on the OSD that are nice to have.

Just a thought for the future.

#68 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

I had no idea Serenity was still being developed.  I used it years ago with Plex and then development just seemed to stop.  I'll give it another go now that I've moved to Emby.  

Yeah, I migrated over to emby in the last year.  Particularly with some of the practices that Plex was putting into place, and the fact that they never had a publicly supported API for the application.   My future work will be primarily on Emby going forward, but I still have several people that use Plex so at least for the 2.x series I'll continue minimal support for Plex... Emby is the future though for Serenity.

#69 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

Yes they were there, but they weren't functional.

Do you have the Emby ATV app installed?

If so, you'll see the sort of things on the OSD that are nice to have.

Just a thought for the future.

I'll probably need samples of the particular files that are giving you trouble.  I'll work on getting the on screen display info for Transcoding and a few other items, so you can debug easier.  Will let you know when that is available.   Probadbly a 2.0.8 release, and you'll need to go to the Settings screen to turn it on as it'll be off by default.

• CBers likes this

#70 dewd OFFLINE  

dewd

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:12 AM

I installed the latest version available on the app store to my nVidia Shield and I can't get past the login screen.  Serenity detects my server and then prompts me to choose a user.  No matter who I select nothing happens.  It registers the keypress (I see the user depress on the screen) and then nothing.  I can press many times with the same result. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users