IPTV - Missing Channels

iBoss

EODCrafter

I have an open-source script that I use to assign channel numbers, but in my case, I'm using some additional logic, groups sports channels, entertainment channels, etc.  My original problem was that the default ordering was causing issues mapping with SchedulesDirect.  My assigning me own channel numbers, I worked around that.  I also use the script to update channel names so that I can match better with SchedulesDirect.

Yea, I would no longer be able to use The awesome TV Guide DOT com guide which contains all the program information cause Emby will auto Map those channels based on the channel-id number and there is no way to "un-Map" them...IE channel-id="2" for my guide is WKRNDT Nashville and this channel is about #500 in the actual list. The M3U I have already has groups as shown in the Kodi Post above, but Emby ignores that too.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/" source-info-name="zap2it.com" generator-info-name="zap2xml" generator-info-url="zap2xml@[member="gmail"].com">
	<channel id="C2wkrndt.zap2it.com">
		<display-name>2 WKRNDT</display-name>
		<display-name>2</display-name>
		<display-name>WKRNDT</display-name>
		<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/20465/s28708_h3_aa.png" />
	</channel>
	<channel id="C4wsmvdt.zap2it.com">
		<display-name>4 WSMVDT</display-name>
		<display-name>4</display-name>
		<display-name>WSMVDT</display-name>
		<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/32685/s28717_h3_aa.png" />
	</channel>
	<channel id="C5wtvfdt.zap2it.com">
		<display-name>5 WTVFDT</display-name>
		<display-name>5</display-name>
		<display-name>WTVFDT</display-name>
		<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/28659/s28711_h3_aa.png" />
	</channel>	
           <programme start="20181009130000 -0500" stop="20181009140000 -0500" channel="C2wkrndt.zap2it.com">
		<title lang="en">General Hospital</title>
		<desc lang="en">A soap opera set in a hospital and the surrounding city of Port Charles.</desc>
		<date>20181009</date>
		<length units="minutes">60</length>
		<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/p183893_b_v9_ab.jpg" />
		<url>https://tvlistings.zap2it.com//overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00001807&tmsId=EP000018074154</url>
		<episode-num system="common">S56E130</episode-num>
		<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00001807.4154</episode-num>
		<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">55.129.</episode-num>
		<new />
		<subtitles type="teletext" />
		<rating>
			<value>TV-14</value>
		</rating>
	</programme>

Here's a exert... :( it's got posters and everything.

This Post may be useful for being able to keep my Guide Mapping for local channels.....https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63555-live-tv-wiki/&do=findComment&comment=634838

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

That's your xmltv file right?

Yea...I completely Edited a .m3u file to fit that Guide which is the same Line-up as Google Fiber TV Nashville but I like the flexibility of having access, "in a orderly way" to all the Streams I pay for.  Here's the complete Guide if you need it for any reason...If I can upload it....

The Actual m3u comes with a referenced guide that covers a lot of the channels but it's a real basic Guide. Covers probably 50% of the channels ( 90% that actually need guide info)...no locals at all. 40% of them are VOD.

Here's my "Created" M3U...

5bc13025716f2_Screenshotfrom201810121836

xmltv.xml

Edited by EODCrafter

Duplicate tvg-ids DO work. it was something that used to cause problems

@@maegibbons the same tvg-id DO NOT work if there is no channel-id

Is that the full line?  No description no seperate channel-id?

If so, no wonder emby is getting confused.

if emby confused and all other IPTV apps not confused that means there is something need to be fixed on emby .. I can not tell the provider to add channel-id for me 

Unfortunately you have no choice but to edit the m3u manually. It’s not news that these change on a weekly basis, we are all using similar versions. Ours change for the weekly football games. But emby doesn’t support this and that hasn’t changed in the last 2 years of asking. So make up your own mind

why we have no choice?!! this forum for supporting to fix the issues.

You can always create a script to massage the m3u8.  This way you don't have to use the argument "it updates daily/weekly".  You have a script download the latest m3u8, twice a day if desired, and the script then can "massage" the contents, updating and removing contents as desired, and you point Emby to this cleaned up m3u8 file.

Bonus points for adding an emby API call to force fresh on the tv after updating.

I think about it and I have already created the script for it ... but this is a temporary solution. it will not help if the updating list after the script executed.

Anyway, any one need the script, it is attached ... just edit the file and change: url_of_m3u to your iptv url, the output is emby_iptv.m3u

the attachment is deleted

Edited by iBoss

maegibbons

@@maegibbons the same tvg-id DO NOT work if there is no channel-id

Then the last part of that statement is the important point that you have now discovered causes an issue.

Now that @@Luke knows it is NOT having a channel-id when there are duplicate tvg-ids that causes an issue, he may be able to address it.

But my original point stands duplicate tvg-id's DO work.  Its only when you dont have properly defined channel-ids that there is an issue.

Krs

Mark

EODCrafter

Sorry the last attachment was a test script.

This is the right one  :)

I fixed your Script if your interested......This won't fix "Emby-Hidden" "Same-Named" channels, use channel-id for that instead of tvg-chno, or just rename the channels...You will be able to see the skips by the channel number missing.

#!/bin/sh
: > emby_iptv.m3u
wget "url_of_m3u" -O iptv_download.m3u
while read -r LINE || [ -n "$LINE" ]; do
	awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
done < iptv_download.m3u
mv emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u
Edited by EODCrafter

I fixed your Script if your interested......This won't fix "Emby-Hidden" "Same-Named" channels, use channel-id for that instead of tvg-chno, or just rename the channels...You will be able to see the skips by the channel number missing.

#!/bin/sh
while read -r LINE || [ -n "$LINE" ]; do
	awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
done < iptv_download.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u

Thanks, but what do you mean by "Emby-Hidden"

Also I have done mistake in my script by empty the main m3u

Anyway ... if you want to use AWK, you dont need to use while loop for reading the file.

This is the script:

#!/bin/sh

awk '{gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' iptv_download.m3u >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u

cp emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
Edited by iBoss

EODCrafter

Thanks, but what do you mean by "Emby-Hidden"

Also I have done mistake in my script by empty the main m3u

Anyway ... if you want to use AWK, you dont need to use while loop for reading the file.

This is the script:

#!/bin/sh

awk '{gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' iptv_download.m3u >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u

cp emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm emby_iptv_tmp.m3u

Just adding tvg-chno will not fix the hidden channels issue, you need channel-id...Didn't I explain that? That is what this thread is about right?

This won't fix "Emby-Hidden" "Same-Named" channels, use channel-id for that instead of tvg-chno, or just rename the channels

If 2 channels have the same name, 1 is not visible. Thanks for fixing the while loop...Looks a lot cleaner now! You don't need to cp the .m3u, just mv it, then you don't have to delete it (rm) after. Seems a lot easier and elegant and

Why keep the original download? (rm iptv_download.m3u) Do you use it for something?

#!/bin/sh
wget "URL" -O iptv_download.m3u
awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' iptv_download.m3u >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u

Post your answer here, maybe it will help others...your original script added 2,4,6,8,10 ect., not 1,2,3,4,5,6,

Edited by EODCrafter