login not remembered by Emby Theater

lifespeed

lifespeed

The failure to remember logins (despite the "remember" check box) seems to have started with server 3.5.3, don't know if that has anything to do with this problem.

Why do you feel that it's not remembering the login? Can you please explain in more detail? Thanks.

waldoverkill

I am seeing this on Emby for Android TV. There is an "Invalid password error" when the system tries to log in and then you have to log in manually.

Are there some logs that would help you?

lifespeed

Instead of automatically logging in the last remembered user upon starting ET, it stops at the user select screen requiring a login.  It appears to happen every time I log out of windows.  This is true across all my PCs and all users, not just one.  Seems to coincide with server 3.5.3.

lifespeed

I can't reproduce this. Sounds like you may have unchecked the box to remember your login.

No, in the first post I said that box was checked.

lifespeed

The problem hasn't recurred in the last several days.  Didn't change anything, I have no idea what happened.

Scott310

This is happening on Xbox as well.  It used to remember the user's login info and automatically log that person in.  Now each user has to log in each time they open it.

Scott310

I wish the issue were that easy to solve but no the box is checked.  It used to remember the login information for each xbox profile and log them in automatically based on their xbox profile.  Now If one person is on their xbox profile and uses Emby, then logs out of their xbox profile.  The next person that logs into their xbox profile and goes to emby will see the choose profile screen whereas it used to log them right in.  I believe you commented on this issue before saying that xbox treats each xbox profile like a separate installation.  However it's not doing that anymore.  It used to remember the login info for each xbox profile.  Now each person has to log in everytime after someone else has used it.  Its very frustrating.

Scott310

It used to be great because everyone in my house has their own emby profile and their own xbox profile.  I have a 9 year old son who has parental controls set on his emby account.  when he used to sign in to his xbox profile simply by the kinect seeing his face he could click on emby and it would automatically log him in to his restricted emby profile.  If he then logged out and walked away I could sign in to my xbox profile and click on emby.  Emby would know that it was my log in and go straight to my unrestricted library.  It does not do this anymore.

I have not been able to reproduce this on Xbox, but am continuing to keep an eye out for it. Thanks !

lifespeed

The problem didn't go away, all that changed was nobody else logged in.  Anytime a different user logs in to Windows, other user's Emby logins are forgotten.

The problem seems to have started with server 3.5.3.

• 1 month later...
lifespeed

The problem where the user is required to log in again any time the PC has been logged out, and a different use logged in (under their own windows login and Emby installation) is still here.  Just to be clear, none of the users are logging out of Emby, just logging out of Windows at the end of the session.  The next time any user but the last user logs in to Windows, they have to log in to Emby as well.

It is really a hassle to have to log in to Emby all the time.  This happens across all my client PCs, and seems to have started after server 3.5.3.  I am attaching client and server logs in case it is any help.  The machine that was required to log in again was at IP 192.168.0.11 around 8PM.

theater-63680673649.txt

embyserver.txt

lifespeed

Yes, each user has their own windows login. Emby client installs to appdata folder, so Emby installations can't be shared between users. It has been this way for a long time.