Kodi Emby Addon Error

drewdenman
Go to solution Solved by drewdenman,

drewdenman

.28a Kodi Emby Addon

17.6 Kodi version

Latest Nvidia Shield version

Log File

One of my Nvidia Shields is getting errors in the log above.  Settings are the same across all my Shields at home, but only this one is giving me errors, and I can't figure out why.

drewdenman

Check the server address it's testing in your log, is it correct?

Yep, IP is correct for my server, and IP works on other Shields as well, just not this one.

Angelblue05

Is the shield on the same network as your server? It's not an issue with the add-on itself, the add-on can't reach your server from that device. Do you see any requests in your server log, you can search using the device id I believe.

drewdenman

Yep.  Same network.  The shield connects to the internet just find outside the network as well (connects to youtube, playstation vue, etc).  It's hardwired to the same switch as the server and other shields.

Angelblue05

Are you able to provide a log from a working shield? Maybe we'll spot the difference. Or are you able to install embycon to see if it's able to connect to your server?

drewdenman

Are you able to provide a log from a working shield? Maybe we'll spot the difference. Or are you able to install embycon to see if it's able to connect to your server?

Let me get back to you.  It looks like its not reaching the server and I need to figure out why, even though that shield can reach the internet. (because I can't see a request in the server log)

Here is a log from a working Shield.

Edited by drewdenman
  • Like 1

djhifi

Let me get back to you.  It looks like its not reaching the server and I need to figure out why, even though that shield can reach the internet. (because I can't see a request in the server log)

Here is a log from a working Shield.

Unfortunately, nothing that sticks out from the working log.

Check the following bolded text in passwords.xml on the Non-working SHIELD to see if it matches the path conversion pasted below.

( Edit bold accordingly and pay attention to the following symbols contained within the fields: : and // and @ as well as / ):

<passwords>

<path>

<from pathversion="1">smb://YOUR-SERVER-NAME/</from>

<to pathversion="1">smb://YOUR-USER:YOUR-PASSWORD@YOUR-SERVER-NAME/</to>

</path>

<path>

<from pathversion="1">smb://YOUR-SERVER-IP/</from>

<to pathversion="1">smb://YOUR-USER:YOUR-PASSWORD@YOUR-SERVER-IP/</to>

</path>

</passwords>

The above file is located in the following path:

Shield>internal>Android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>.kodi>userdata>passwords.xml

I'm suggeting this because when you get prompted to enter your server in the addon pop-up from within Kodi, it may have occured an issue and the credentials were incorrectly registered. I had a similar issue occurring in one of my shields and had to manually copy a working .xml and edit it accordingly.

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

The add-on doesn't generate credentials with 3.1.x anymore. But could have a lingering file remaining from the stable version. But the error is log is that it can't reach the server when trying to verify the server information. If you do find the issue, keep me posted. Maybe try to delete the data.txt and data.json. And try to re-authenticate.

• Like 1

djhifi

The add-on doesn't generate credentials with 3.1.x anymore. But could have a lingering file remaining from the stable version. But the error is log is that it can't reach the server when trying to verify the server information. If you do find the issue, keep me posted. Maybe try to delete the data.txt and data.json. And try to re-authenticate.

Really? So should I delete the passwords.xml? I wasnt aware of that but the issue i've described is from before 3.1.X indeed

Angelblue05

I just find it's better to go via the Kodi interface because of the issue you described. It was a good idea in theory but caused more troubleshooting than anything else.

You can keep or remove it, Kodi will recreate it if it needs it, but you'll need to enter your credentials again the next time Kodi accesses your shares.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1