Emby on Synology DS216play, Not Connecting to internet

Anupam
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

@@djhifi, OK. I get your point. I will leave it be. May be its me, I mean I didn't care earlier but few days of close attention made me look every thing too carefully I think.

@@solabc16, Thanks. I will leave it be for now. And when new media is added later I will check on it and keep you posted.

But did your inital library scan finish or not? Or does it failed?

If all goes according to logic and since you already have the nfo, all it does is take a little longer since it's the first scan and everything gets scrapped correctly since the nfo's and images are already there.

Edited by djhifi

@@djhifi Yes, I believe so. It was at 97% last I checked. Its not currently scanning. I think it completed. But like I said it didnt gather new meta read everything which was already in the folder. I mean  Posters and backdrops are same if remember it right. But Failed to generate library cover or banner. Libraries in my home are now a blank colored tile. Scan didnt generate the cover like before.

5bbdc7f4109fe_Capture.jpg

Earlier it generated something like below

5bbdc8b53a43b_Capture1.jpg

VincentVanGozer

For reference, this issues was resolved with stable release 3.5.3.0-6 for all systems based on the 'monaco' package architecture.

Best

- James

Running into the same issue with a DS1517 using the Alpine package architecture. Any news on when it will be rolled out for that arch? 

Thanks for the awesome work y'all do!

VincentVanGozer

Hello @@VincentVanGozer

The update for your platform is now available, thanks for your patience.

Let us know how you get on...

Best

- James

Hi James! Package installed, but service won't start. Looking under the logging center in synology, it shows only that the embysvr user is created and that the package was installed. Nothing else seems to be logged. Checked the embysvr user and it is enabled. 

VincentVanGozer

Hi James! Tried it, no such luck. Ran the request diags and send the logs under sendlogs_Pie_synology_alpine_ds1517_20181013T020107UTC.tgz

@@solabc16 just wanted to give you an update. the first update (update 6) solved the connectivity issue. Received two more updates. But im my personal opinion library scans are bit sluggish.

I added three different tv content, the scan ran and identified the folders and number of files, but didn't capture the meta data. The scan completed and displayed a colored tile. I then manually identified them.

Also the collage thumb for library is not generated. It was a nice feature.

I have sent logs sendlogs_A1_synology_monaco_ds216play_20181013T094754UTC.tgz

solabc16

Hello @@VincentVanGozer

I've taken a look at your logs and what I can see is that any process that attempts to start is immediately being terminated with a SIGKILL.

This doesn't appear to be an issue with the Emby Server package.

Is there anything about your system you can shed some further light on?

Best

- James

DS216play

DSM 6.2.1-23824

Emby: Version 3.5.3.0_8

*My Personal User name is administrator level (not system default)

*embysvr is not administrator,also not part of http group. Only part of users group. 

*Emby Library NOT in dedicated shared folder for embysvr user, rather in my shared folder with individual folders for tv, movies etc.

*embysvr has read and write permits to my shared folder (root, not just sub directory)

is this relevant?

VincentVanGozer

Hello @@VincentVanGozer

I've taken a look at your logs and what I can see is that any process that attempts to start is immediately being terminated with a SIGKILL.

This doesn't appear to be an issue with the Emby Server package.

Is there anything about your system you can shed some further light on?

Best

- James

Oh that is ODD. I can't think of anything strange. It's running the cloudsync package to backup data to Backblaze, and it's got an iscsi lun running to support a couple of virtual machines, but there's just barely any disk i/o. There's the OAuth service, but I halted that and cloudsync and it still fails. I'll restart the NAS later today (when my partner isn't watching movies) and I'll let you know what happens. Thank you for the help!

VincentVanGozer

Restarted, no luck. Updated to latest DSM, no luck.

What's odd is that something is sending a SIGKILL now, when before the app would run (but just have the network connectivity problems). Got this NAS about 6 months ago, so it's not been in use for that long, either. 

solabc16

Hello @@VincentVanGozer

It is a little curious, but I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. How does the memory and CPU utilisation look like at moment?

Can you run the diagnostics and send logs utilities again, just to make sure nothing has changed.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

VincentVanGozer

CPU is bouncing around between 10-15%. Memory usage is at about 35% as cloudsync is running, but when it's not there's almost no memory usage at all. 

5bc2507fb40ab_pieuse.png

I've just uploaded sendlogs_Pie_synology_alpine_ds1517_20181013T201020UTC.tgz

Thank you! :)

solabc16

You still can't access the internet?

This thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent. I'm picking up @@VincentVanGozer's issue directly, as it's something else entirely and seems to be a system issue.

@'s system seems to be working ok now, but has raised a couple of observations here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63793-emby-on-synology-ds216play-not-connecting-to-internet/?p=635050. There are no changes that would influence performance between 3.5.3.0-6 and 3.5.3.0-8.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @

I've taken a look at the logs and everything appears in order, as noted above there are no changes that would influence performance between 3.5.3.0-6 and 3.5.3.0-8.

There are a handful of metadata errors in the logs, however these are 'normal'.

e.g.

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I have seen the collages 'disappear' before, but they've always been regenerated at some point without manual intervention.

Best

- James