Background color in Emby Theater

maltice

maltice

Hi all,

Searched up a storm for how to adjust colors and the such in Theater and found there is a guide on how to skin. The guide instructs me to fork the github repo and then install a plugin from a URL within the app but the option to install a plugin from within the Theater app doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Seems most of the conversations for skinning are a year or two old.

My question is whether or not there is a simple way to change the background color of Emby theater. I'm using the Dark theme that comes along with it but I just want to switch the background to black instead of the dark gray.

Preferably I don't ever want to see image backdrops either but haven't found that setting in the UI yet (hopefully it's there).

Apologies if this is explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it. I did find some great articles on skinning the web app which I was hoping could work for Theater too but as obviously the custom CSS only works for the WebApp (which makes sense!).

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

-n

• Like 1

maltice

OK, thanks for the reply.

I'll keep on eye on progress with Theater. I love how it integrates so nicely with HD Homerun and schedule direct and the view are pretty good, just some UI tweaks and I'd probably make the official switch from WMC!

That all said, still love the Emby for WMC app since its super cusotmizable. 

Thanks for all the work you guys do.

-n

• Like 1

lurch9366

I very much enjoyed the customization of emby for wmc as well. I prefer almost no overlay so the many video backdrops in my collection really shine. Another vote to bring this back. Thanks for all the hard work on this great program!!!!!