Movies don't start anymore

Volkmar

Angelblue05

It's possible it still applied. I have a pending fix for the notification of the update where it would show no updates available even if there was.

• Like 1

Volkmar

the time stamp of the .py files shows me that they are new ones. 

However, everything works pretty good, even with "show information" enabled in settings -> media

Sometimes the sound of a movie comes a litte bit delayed at the start, but that's not a big deal.

Edited by Volkmar
  • Like 2

Volkmar

Strange thing! It happen again!

Since yesterday it happen again and I can't play any movies (no matter if the default setting is "play" or "show information").

The only difference is that the add-on "The TVDB" was updated last Monday.

Only increasing the value from 1 to 6 in the actions.py fixed this.

sualfred

It's a speed issue of your device. The playback and/or loading busy indicator are taking over 3< seconds to kick in. The device is simply too slow. 

If we increase it to 6x0,5s it will cause issues on a common HTPC, Shield, Nuc, etc.

Leia changed something so he have to deal with it somehow. Krypton doesn't have this problem.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Just to be sure, Could you please post a debug log? I want to check how long it takes until the busy dialog kicks in.

Volkmar

that's the problem: there is no dialog till I press the "back-button" on my remote. Until then the green wheel keeps spinning and spinning (if I wouldn't stop it, I guess it will spin for ages).

And yes, Krypton still runs pretty stable without any issue.

Edited by Volkmar

Volkmar

I guess I've found the issue:

- I have changed back the actions.py to standard

- Restarted the machine 

- Deleted the add-on "The TVDB"

- Restarted the machine 

After this it works again

Edited by Volkmar

sualfred

We don't interact with The TVDB. It's a local Kodi scrapper, which is only used if you scan your local library sources. But with Kodi running in the background you don't have any.

If you face it again could you please capture a debug log?

Edited by sualfred

Volkmar

I will reinstall this add-on later and post the debug log as soon I'm back home again.

What I've figured out before I removed this add-on was, that this add-on caused a lot of time-outs and so I guess this could be the reason for a "slow" system.