Is Kodi not capable to direct PLAY iptv m3u content?

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

Still playing around with IPTV. I added a m3u tuner in Emby Server having this format:

http://host:port/get.php?username=xxx&password=xxx&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

In Emby Theater it works absolutely fine. Playback starts quick and in Emby Dashboard I see the content is being direct played.

In Kodi, playback needs a little longer to start. Also the Emby Dashboard shows the content is being direct streamed.

So I'm wondering why this happens. I know that direct streaming doesn't cost much resources, but it costs some.

Kodi should be able to handle the original container, shouldn't it?

@@Angelblue05 @@Luke

I'll provide Server and Kodi logs via PM.

Thanks!

Kodi 18 Beta 3

Emby for Kodi v3.1.28

Emby Server v3.5.3.0

Angelblue05

@@horstepipe

I will look into possible fixes. I already know why it's doing that - because I copied what the webclient was doing when I first implemented this. Can you stop pinging Luke for all your issues with Kodi? I will ping him if it's needed. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
horstepipe

Hey @@Angelblue05

something seems to have changed with the latest server betas again.

Playback works absolutely fine in Emby theater, but in Kodi the stream doesn't start at all (both on Kodi 17 and 18). I'm just getting a spinning circle for some seconds. Second problem is that Emby server doesn't "close" the stream after the unsuccessful playback attempt in Kodi. So the server permanently consumes downstream bandwidth until it is being rebooted. When I quit live tv playback in Emby theater everything is fine, the consumed downstream bandwidth drops immediately.

Edited by horstepipe