Multiple versions of files, same library, 2 different folders

nickglott

nickglott

Hello,

Quick question....I love that there is support for multiple versions (ie. HD and UHD) but I run into a lot of issues with radarr as it is not devolved for it. My workaround is 2 different instances of radarr to handle the different versions but the problem still has me manually adding 4k versions to the file structure and manually turn off monitoring on the movies first for the 1080p version, then after I import the 4k version as it will try and delete one of the 2 versions and download it again. This makes it very hard to keep track of the 4k releases I have as well as I am unable to automate it.

I know that the feature only works if files are in the same folder, but I was wondering if there is anyway to do the following or would you consider implementing it if it was not too much work? I am sure I am not the only person out there with this issue as there a tons of requests for radarr to add support but it would take a whole rewrite to accomplish so I don't see it happening any time soon. I also don't think its transcoding from 4k to 1080p is really an option currently as the resources required are very high.

*Movies* (Single Library with 2 folders )

/Movies

/300 (YYYY)

/300 (YYYY) - 1080p.mkv

/Movies4k

/300 (YYYY)

/300 (YYYY) - 2160p.mkv

I am not sure how emby handles multiple folders per library but if it could kind of mux them together somehow since the file structures would be identical.

Okay maybe was not a quick question, but I do think with 4k content becoming more of a thing file management is important and having them in separate folders would definitely help keep track of them easier.

As always thanks for all the hard work! 

Edited by nickglott

Hi, it's possible for the future, but currently they have to be in the same folder. thanks.

nickglott

Thanks for the response Luke! That would be very much appreciated. For now I am going to see if I can use unionfs to accomplish this.

Luke,

I think I've seen this option to select in the emby, group movies in several folders, am I wrong? this is still not possible

Thank you

There is a manual grouping feature in the UI, yes, but I always recommend doing it via folders.

Excelent, thanks

Luke, Can you help me and tell me where this resource is? I can not find it and I want to know where it is.

Thanks again

Try using the multi-select tool.

Luke,

I can not seem to figure it out.

Can you send a print of the path? or show me where you have some tutorial on it?

Thanks again

Thank you, thank you, thank you
I did not know the option to hold with the right mouse button
Emby is fantastic! great! now it worked!

PS: I'm looking forward to running google drive emby.

thank you

nickglott

Have not got the time to play around with unionfs yet, but thanks for that tip! Only so many movies are worthy of 4K so I don't have a ton. It is still not automated but that is easier than what I was doing haha. Still will probably give unionfs a try but I would also have to figure out how to transfer all the "watched status" because it would be pointed to a new "combined" folder rather than the same one. I know when I switched to Linux from windows I renamed my folder from "Movies" to "movies" and lost all watched status.

Happy2Play

Have not got the time to play around with unionfs yet, but thanks for that tip! Only so many movies are worthy of 4K so I don't have a ton. It is still not automated but that is easier than what I was doing haha. Still will probably give unionfs a try but I would also have to figure out how to transfer all the "watched status" because it would be pointed to a new "combined" folder rather than the same one. I know when I switched to Linux from windows I renamed my folder from "Movies" to "movies" and lost all watched status.

Not completely true since watched status is tracked by providerid not path location.

• 3 years later...
damienseidel
On 09/10/2018 at 06:25, Luke said:

Hi, it's possible for the future, but currently they have to be in the same folder. thanks.

Did this ever happen? Can you have separated folders yet?

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, damienseidel said:

Did this ever happen? Can you have separated folders yet?

That has been supported for quite some time, depending on your folder structure and/or libraries, you can either:

1) Multi-select and select "Group Versions" in three-dot menu if within same library

or

2) Use community-made Auto-Grouping plugin which works across libraries

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

1) Multi-select and select "Group Versions" in three-dot menu if within same library

Technically you can search and multi-select/group them from any library.

But yes the plugin will do this automatically for you no matter the location.

These options have been around as long as this topic.@damienseidel

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Technically you can search and multi-select/group them from any library.

True enough, it never occured to me to do it via Search, had just browsing selected library in mind, but that would work as well accross libraries, nice. 👍