M3u help

Jbenderjr

Jbenderjr

I have Eternal TV and have an m3u URL and an xmltv URL. I have tried to put each them individually into the XML TV file/url field but neither will bring up any channels. Below are the URLs with the user info X out. What am I doing wrong?

Http://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Http://live.eternaltv.net:25461/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Jbenderjr

I went to Live TV in the settings and clicked on the plus sign to the right of TV GUIDE PROVIDERS and then clicked on XML TV. I then put the one of the URLs into the field labeled File or url and did a save. It then takes me back and shows a box with the url and a Refresh Guide button. I tried clicking that button but it only shows a thin grey line under the button and if I click on Map Channels nothing shows up.

I have Eternal TV and have an m3u URL and an xmltv URL. I have tried to put each them individually into the XML TV file/url field but neither will bring up any channels. Below are the URLs with the user info X out. What am I doing wrong?

Http://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Http://live.eternaltv.net:25461/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Wait.  Is this the contents of the M3U file or is this the entries you tried to enter in Emby?

If you tried to enter these then that's wrong.  Emby expects you to enter a file name that ends in m3u.  The m3u file with then contain a bunch of channels with similar looking lines to that above.

You would enter the m3u in the Live TV section under TUNERS with type M3U Tuner.

• 4 weeks later...
swallman

I figured it out, I didn’t set up the tuner. It is all working now.

Hey, I'm also an Eternal TV subscriber...do you have some basic instructions on how you setup the Tuner?  Thanks!

swallman

Hi there, have you checked out our live tv wiki?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live%20TV

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

I was actually able to get it to work, but have some more research to do.  One thing I'm struggling with is my IPTV provider has the channels grouped by category (i.e. Canada, US, US Premium movies, UK Premium movies, etc.  Can't see to find out how to get that type of grouping to work in Emby (but it does work in Kodi).  So might be something I just don't have configured yet.  But I can see all the channels (and restream them).  Cool stuff!

We don't support grouping at this time but it's something we're planning on adding for the future. thanks.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
DABSS

Hi all,

I have been using Emby a while and I'm mostly a lurker who likes to read up, work things out, but I'm a bit stumped with this.

I am hoping someone can help, I have just set up live tv for the first time, with a TBS dvbs2 card with TVheadend on an unraid server for my local sat channels, and have that working fine.

What I am really stuck on, is how to create, or get an M3U file to use in Emby from my  IPTV provider. All i get is a link like the OP's:

http://*****/get.php?username=*******&password=********&output=ts&type=m3u

Or an Xtream code.

Ideally I wanted to merge it into Emby (with xteve) to save me using multiple apps all the time.

Do I need to use wireshark? or am I over thinking this?

Regards

1 hour ago, DABSS said:

Hi all,

I have been using Emby a while and I'm mostly a lurker who likes to read up, work things out, but I'm a bit stumped with this.

I am hoping someone can help, I have just set up live tv for the first time, with a TBS dvbs2 card with TVheadend on an unraid server for my local sat channels, and have that working fine.

What I am really stuck on, is how to create, or get an M3U file to use in Emby from my  IPTV provider. All i get is a link like the OP's:

http://*****/get.php?username=*******&password=********&output=ts&type=m3u

Or an Xtream code.

Ideally I wanted to merge it into Emby (with xteve) to save me using multiple apps all the time.

Do I need to use wireshark? or am I over thinking this?

Regards

Hi, it's your IPTV provider that will give you the m3u that you can import into emby server.

• Thanks 1

DABSS

Thanks, I should have guessed it was that simple 🤣

Looks like its time to ditch my provider and find alternatives. When I asked them, they said they only provide a link and xtream code 🙄

samuelqwe
2 hours ago, DABSS said:

Thanks, I should have guessed it was that simple 🤣

Looks like its time to ditch my provider and find alternatives. When I asked them, they said they only provide a link and xtream code 🙄

That link you posted in your previous post would be your m3u link.

DABSS

Hi,

This is what I originally thought, but I cant seem to get Emby tuner to accept it, it just shows error.

Appologies if im coming accross as a bit thick 🤭

samuelqwe
56 minutes ago, DABSS said:

Hi,

This is what I originally thought, but I cant seem to get Emby tuner to accept it, it just shows error.

Appologies if im coming accross as a bit thick 🤭

What about if you change type=m3u to type=m3u_plus at the end of the url?

It’s also possible the provider is blocking the connection when coming from Emby.

DABSS
58 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

What about if you change type=m3u to type=m3u_plus at the end of the url?

It’s also possible the provider is blocking the connection when coming from Emby.

Yes I did try that, all I can presume is, as you say, the connection is blocked. More and more seem to be locking down to specific apps

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update in case anyone else is having similar issues.

It turned out the m3u was so large it was causing emby server to freeze, I did manage to get it downloaded but it took an age to connect and it was over 85mb.

I edited to make it much smaller and all worked as expected.

Apologies for the thread hijack 😬

• Thanks 1

mark-in-dallas

If you downloaded and edited the M3U file, then imported the file into Emby be prepared to have to go in and edit from time to time as your IPTV provider changes sources.  You would be better off installing xTeve and importing the M3U link into it, and using the xTeve generated M3U link in Emby, then using xTeve channel management

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark-in-dallas said:

If you downloaded and edited the M3U file, then imported the file into Emby be prepared to have to go in and edit from time to time as your IPTV provider changes sources.  You would be better off installing xTeve and importing the M3U link into it, and using the xTeve generated M3U link in Emby, then using xTeve channel management

As I found out, you are so correct. 😆

In the end I did exactly that, I ran the xTeVe docker and did the editing in there prior to importing them to Emby.

It's been time consuming getting things just right, but when stuff works, there is no better feeling!

👍

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am having a bunch of trouble with this issue of getting Emby to populate with my eternal tv channels. I'm just trying to use Emby for DVR purposes. I didn't know anything about m3u files other than they are used for playlists before doing this. Made an m3u file with contents read... #EXTM3U on the top line, and then... https://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u using my credentials on the next line. I tried changing the ending to m3u_plus, tried changing get.php to xml.php. I just named the file tuner.m3u (don't know if the name of the file matters at all). At first I entered the url in emby to add the tuner which rendered an error, then I built the m3u file and it imported without error, however no channels every populate. Honestly what I can't even figure out to begin with is where anyone got these m3u links? I went to my account page on Eternal and was unable to find any information, and for some ridiculous reason, eternal's Help section has 0 articles, they literally have a "SETUP" link which sends you to a page that says 0 articles, like WTF guys? So at this point, I just don't know, not sure if my m3u file is right, I don't know how to get and or make an xml file for the guide, don't know anything about http header or the other things mentioned in settings when adding a new tuner. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

56 minutes ago, RIP314 said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am having a bunch of trouble with this issue of getting Emby to populate with my eternal tv channels. I'm just trying to use Emby for DVR purposes. I didn't know anything about m3u files other than they are used for playlists before doing this. Made an m3u file with contents read... #EXTM3U on the top line, and then... https://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u using my credentials on the next line. I tried changing the ending to m3u_plus, tried changing get.php to xml.php. I just named the file tuner.m3u (don't know if the name of the file matters at all). At first I entered the url in emby to add the tuner which rendered an error, then I built the m3u file and it imported without error, however no channels every populate. Honestly what I can't even figure out to begin with is where anyone got these m3u links? I went to my account page on Eternal and was unable to find any information, and for some ridiculous reason, eternal's Help section has 0 articles, they literally have a "SETUP" link which sends you to a page that says 0 articles, like WTF guys? So at this point, I just don't know, not sure if my m3u file is right, I don't know how to get and or make an xml file for the guide, don't know anything about http header or the other things mentioned in settings when adding a new tuner. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

HI, for starters, if you put your m3u url in a browser, what do you get? You should be getting back something formatted like this: https://blog.homeiptv.com/what-is-the-m3u-format-and-can-be-used-in-iptv/

Once you have that, then that's the url that you'll enter into Emby's M3u setup.