iOS app won’t connect anymore

realdiehl

realdiehl

My app used to work but recently stopped. When I try to open the app, it simply displays a link to the Emby homepage. I can connect from my browser on the same device. Also, all Kodi clients connect without issue as well. It seems to be limited to my iOS app. I’ve attached a video for your reference. Any thoughts?

Steps I’ve tried:

1. Completely closing the app and re-opening it

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling

3. Rebooting the device

Running iOS 12 on an iPhone X

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

E078E619-7B8D-41B8-8145-8EE775BDB886.MOV

Edited by realdiehl

Hi, that is bizarre. I have't seen that. I will do some testing to try and reproduce. Thanks.

realdiehl

Hi, that is bizarre. I have't seen that. I will do some testing to try and reproduce. Thanks.

Thank you, Luke! I appreciate it!!

Is this your Emby Server? does this happen with the device connection both on and off wifi?

realdiehl

It is my server. It’s running on a Terramaster NAS. It is running build 3.2.33.9 (which is believe is the latest approved for that NAS).

I get a little further off of WiFi. It recogizes the server name but it does not allow me to connect to it.

realdiehl

Ok so maybe my problem has something to do with this: I decided to log in to my NAS and noticed that there was an update to Emby to 3.5.1. I decided to update it. Upon logging in, however, it still shows the original version number (3.2.33.9) when I log into the sever dashboard. I’ve restarted the server, but it still shows the original version. Could this have something to do with it?

• 1 month later...
jasonsimth

My app used to work but recently stopped. When I try to open the app, it simply displays a link to the Emby homepage. I can connect from my browser on the same device. Also, all Kodi clients connect without issue as well. It seems to be limited to my iOS app. I’ve attached a video for your reference. Any thoughts?

Steps I’ve tried:

1. Completely closing the app and re-opening it

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling

3. Rebooting the device

Running iOS 12 on an iPhone X

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?
Edited by jasonsimth