Ability to customize title order in collections

daveru79

2 hours ago, laie_techie said:

Any update?

There are currently two methods - edit the default order for the collection in the metadata editor, and the upcoming 4.8 server release will also be adding a sort button to the collection screen..

• 7 months later...
xlerate
On 5/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, Luke said:

There are currently two methods - edit the default order for the collection in the metadata editor, and the upcoming 4.8 server release will also be adding a sort button to the collection screen..

Is there a timeline for 4.8 release?

Also noticed that the first suggested option to edit the default order for collections seems to get ignored when using Emby on Android/Google TV (in my case, CCwGTV & Nvidia Shield)

4 minutes ago, xlerate said:

Is there a timeline for 4.8 release?

Also noticed that the first suggested option to edit the default order for collections seems to get ignored when using Emby on Android/Google TV (in my case, CCwGTV & Nvidia Shield)

Very soon.

• 1 month later...
Lyfesaver

4.8 was released....

Was custom ordering not added as planned?

9 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

4.8 was released....

Was custom ordering not added as planned?

The detail screens for collections have a sort button now that you can use to sort by various criteria.

Lyfesaver
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

The detail screens for collections have a sort button now that you can use to sort by various criteria.

Do you mean this?

image.png.65e85cfed67c4067332df058bf59b3f3.png

If so, how do I customize that?

3 minutes ago, Lyfesaver said:

Do you mean this?

image.png.65e85cfed67c4067332df058bf59b3f3.png

If so, how do I customize that?

I never said that arbitrary order was implemented. Actually I was very specific about it:

Lyfesaver

I never said arbitrary either. The order is not random or done in a YOLO way. There is most certainly a defined system to go by. Namely a timeline, but instead of asking Emby to maintain it, we the users don't mind. We just need some sort of mechanism in place to define it.

NGL, I thought Emby already had it in place, as I was telling a friend of mine the other day. I thought you already had "Collection Sort Title" and then you had a drop down of current collections to choose from. The custom sort title only applied to that collection chosen, but I must have been high because (as you already know) Emby does not have that. Went looking at Emby's competitors and that's not how they do it either so I must have been smoking something, lmao. I have no idea where that "memory" came from but it is vivid as hell.