Coverart deletes custom files

dnanielsen

dnanielsen

Hi, I am having trouble with Coverart 4.0.79 on Emby 3.5.3.0

It is deleting my custom files in the "resources" and "MetroCase" folders, I have custom images for the overlay hdtype_ files, the 3d files, boxset.png, trailer.png and TVMB.png  It's happened many times and I haven't figured out a pattern for when it happens. Is this something known? 

Is there something wrong with the path? C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\coverart\4.0.79.0

• Like 1

dnanielsen

Oh, that's too bad. What's the reason for that? And is it anything I can do to prevent it being deleted, or is it planned to be supported? 

It's always possible for the future but right now you'd have to manually edit them once you notice they're gone.

Anything in your "cache" folder should be assumed as very temporary.  It could disappear at any time.

The overlays you can customize, but, if you put them under your cache folder they will get deleted.  Put them somewhere else.

dnanielsen

@@ebr oh right, I didn't think about it being in the cache section. 

So, if I place them here, it will work? - \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt\Custom-Overlays

5bbb98be612f7_coverart_custom.png

The overlays will work.  The system isn't designed to look for the normal treatments (boxset, trailer, tvmb) there though.

dnanielsen

@@ebr it still deletes my custom overlay files in the cache folder, and creates the default hdtype_720.png etc. after I update a cover/library scan for new media. 

So it didn't seem like placing them at this location helped: 

\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt

Maybe I did something wrong in the folder structure? I put my custom .png for hdtype_x into the "Custom-Overlays" folder in the AppData path above. 

As I said before, anything in the cache folder will be deleted from time to time.

\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt

Maybe I did something wrong in the folder structure? I put my custom .png for hdtype_x into the "Custom-Overlays" folder in the AppData path above. 

And did you configure CoverArt to look there...?

5462872045205_caindicators.png

Oh, right. So if I make a new profile with the custom path, that will override the default profile? 

No.  It will apply to whatever folder structure you create the profile for..

You don't need to create a new profile if all you want is to use these custom overlays.  Just point the current profile to them.

• Like 1