Xbox One X: Limit on number of items in a playlist?

WilhelmStroker

WilhelmStroker

I have a large playlist with about 990 items in it and when shuffling this on Emby Theater on my Xbox, the first episode plays, but the next episode never does, and all I get is the spinning circle and a black screen. The same happens when hitting next as that also gives me the spinning circle and a black screen.

The same playlist plays fine on the beta Shield app and my android tabled.

After reducing the number of items in the playlist to about 300, everything works fine..

server version is 3.5.3.0

app version is 1.1.229.70

Xbox is on insider build but I'm not sure if that is an issue here.

Can provide logs if needed but this should be easy to reproduce.  

FrostByte

Yes, there seems to be several areas where Xbox goes into a constant loop with large amounts of data.  I have 2K+ songs in one playlist which worked great for the longest time, but I haven't been able to use shuffle since about May while other smaller playlists can shuffle.

Correct insider build really isn't the issue since I have both insider and release on different boxes.  I think the problem is the actual app too (not server) since it stopped working right after updating the app awhile back.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58983-music-playback-et-xbone/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60060-emby-for-xbox-one-recent-update-unable-to-select-albumsartists/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59864-xbox-one-x-emby-app-issues/page-5&do=findComment&comment=618518

WilhelmStroker

Thanks for confirming, and yes, those issues look very similar. I do remember it worked before so it looks like an update broke it a few months ago.

• 1 month later...
WilhelmStroker

Started using my Xbox again for Emby and it looks like this is no longer an issue for me as a large playlist works without issues.

FrostByte

Good to hear.  Unfortunately, it's not fixed for me and I haven't seen an update to the Xbox app for almost 2 weeks.  As soon as I click skip track I get the infinite circle.  

Edit: not sure how many tracks I have, but mine is almost 9 days long :)

Edited by FrostByte

WilhelmStroker

Mine is a playlist of cartoons, and around 23,000 minutes long but I'm not sure how many items it has. In my previous testing reducing the number of items worked.

Performance seem to have improved for me when clicking next too.