Multiple Live TV Tuners, double channels

manolodf

Example to clarify:

Admin can only get 5 simultaneous limit (no option for higher from provider).

Admin signs up for 2nd account under wife's name and CC.

Admin now has two separate accounts of 5 simultaneous channels. With a "combine" feature this should appear as ONE set of channels but with 10 simultaneous limit. Basically he is asking for it to work for IPTV just as it does for HDHomeRuns. Two HDHomeRun Primes (3 tuners) combine to be 6 tuners BUT with only one station ID shown regardless of number of HDHomeRuns in the system.

He just needs 10 "tuners" from the two 5 "tuner" IPTV accounts.

That is correct. I have the same iptv provider so I would like to know how to do this as well. However I did see that he had only 1 tv guide to host both m3u playlist. Is it necessary to add another guide even though the http://..... is the same? Will this stop the double channels? Also, how do you incorporate nextdvr to your live tv? I've tried that as well and still can't figure it out.

pir8radio

Sharing is Caring :)

Nifty having channel Groups VIA XTeVe, did it work for you in your problem?

No, XTeVe takes it down to one channel each (for m3u output, not hdhomrun) but it basically just drops off the second one, it has no way to handle a second tuner and know how many streams emby has used..   So I'm still stuck until emby has the ability to group multiple tuners as one.

samuelqwe

So I'm still stuck until emby has the ability to group multiple tuners as one.

I’m really hoping Emby gains this feature soon, because I’m planning to cut the cord and use IPTV. However, the current channel management is pretty bad when you have lots of channels that might be duplicated across providers or m3us.

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

Just a gentle poke,  I'm getting to the point with my IPTV that I need more than my one iptv account worth of streams. But again if I add a second account with all of the same channels i get two sets of all of my channels, makes recordings and watching difficult.  

So the ability to merge two iptv tuners as one stream pool would be great.  I know its a future option...   Just want to poke and keep it on the radar..  Hopefully its coming soon..   :)  :)  :)

horstepipe

We have a stream sharing feature. We can always remove that and then Emby will have improved startup time.

Is it planned to extend the stream sharing feature to a ‚real‘ stream sharing which utilized only one ffmpeg process?

Not necessarily because they could be using two different Emby apps that have different transcoding requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
lockers90

just resurrecting this one... 

@@Luke this is a feature that I too would really like, but there might be a an easier way of doing this. by simply applying the same account properties that we currently have on libraries to the live tv we could set each user to a particular playlist. 

therefore 5 users have access to 1 playlist, another user has access to the other.

is this something that could be done?

pir8radio

just resurrecting this one... 

@@Luke this is a feature that I too would really like, but there might be a an easier way of doing this. by simply applying the same account properties that we currently have on libraries to the live tv we could set each user to a particular playlist. 

therefore 5 users have access to 1 playlist, another user has access to the other.

is this something that could be done?

Not to take away from your idea, but this wont work in my case...  If someone is DVR recording 5 shows that eats up the first playlist, emby needs to be smart enough to know "oh all 5 are used up on playlist 1, i need to now use playlist 2" and so on..     Thats where the issue is for me... My woman records all kinds of crap, while she is watching something else, and so am i in a different room...   we eat through my 5 allowed streams on playlist 1, i need emby to be smart enough to know that and start using the other 5 on playlist 2.

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio

Yea, you totally misunderstand the issue.     I've explained the best i can in post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63725-multiple-iptv-tuners-double-channels/?p=636231

THERE ARE NO DUPLICATES IN THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYLIST FILES.   there are TWO m3u TUNERS in emby.  each one supports 5 tuners for 10 tuners total.  BOTH M3U TUNERS HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME CHANNELS AS EACH OTHER.   In order to give me more tuners I have to have 2 IPTV accounts.   

again, PRETEND these are two HDhomerun primes with 3 tuners each.  emby doesn't double up the channels in that case.   We need an option to link multiple m3u iptv tuners so emby treats them as one pool of channels/tuners.    I don't know how else to explain it.   sorry......    @@ebr maybe a second set of eyes can explain it better....

I'm hesitant to try to explain another way, I don't want to cause more confusion.  But basically  once M3u #1 has used all 5 of its tuners, I then need to start using the login info that is within M3u #2...  once those 5 tuners are used (now all 10 tuners), then emby issues "no tuners available". This is how emby treats HDhomeruns today, so it cant be to difficult. 

5bc72b55bcb1d_Capture.png

Any good news with the iptv fix to group identical channels from different m3u's?  m3u-1 has iptv ch7 with 5 stream limit, m3u-2 also has iptv ch7 with 5 stream limit. combine into 1 channel 7 with 10 stream limit.

Sorry, what iptv fix? Following the 3.6 release we plan to expand our channel management features to allow you to better control this. Thanks !

pir8radio

Sorry, what iptv fix? Following the 3.6 release we plan to expand our channel management features to allow you to better control this. Thanks !

I'm still not sure it will address the problem..   Today if you have ONE hdhomerunprime you have a three stream limit right?   If I add a second hdhomerunprime i now have a 6 stream limit right?  The channels dont double up,  so I dont have two channel 5 news in the EPG right?    this is good.

However if i have ONE IPTV M3u that has a 3 stream limit,  and add a SECOND iptv m3u tuner with a 3 stream limit (just like the example above) I now have two sets of all of the channels, each with three stream limits on each channel...     This is not the desired result...   I should have a single set of channels each with a SIX stream limit just like the hdhomerunprime example above.    

We need the ability to group, or say these two IPTV m3u's each with their own stream limit need to show as a single channel group just with more stream limits...  

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
pir8radio

So is the only current solution is to use xTeVe?

No. I don’t think there is a working solution at the moment. Just waiting on emby to add this to the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBers

We will soon be expanding our channel management features to allow you to do this. Thanks !

So this year then?

hooray4me

Has any one gotten xTeVe to work?

No. I don’t think there is a working solution at the moment. Just waiting on emby to add this to the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but not to solve the problem with the double channels. I use it to better organize the channels and put together EPG sources.

EODCrafter

Has any one gotten xTeVe to work?

xTeVe has thousands of users, if not more. What's so hard about getting a Binary file to run?

Frankly, I don't see how you can have IPTV on Emby without it. (Not Emby's fault, Just the sheer number of channels, makes it unusable without filtering and grouping)

Double Channels is a issue with Emby that @@Luke will fix soon!

Edited by EODCrafter