Not a plug-in. It’s a service you install on Linux. tvheadend.org

Juansito
8 minutes ago, IkeTaylor11 said:

Not a plug-in. It’s a service you install on Linux. tvheadend.org

Installing now in docker — any tips?

mcwalker179
1 hour ago, Juansito said:

Installing now in docker — any tips?

Tvheadend is good software, but it’s poorly documented. A lot of information that is out there is out of date as well. 

Once you start understanding it, it becomes a lot easier though. If you need help, feel free to message.

• 3 weeks later...
greengo
On 2/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, Juansito said:

Was the multiple iptv account thing ever added?

iptv hosts are restricting connections more than ever now. I need to add multiple tuners and combine the connections.

Is this a possibility yet?

yes i use NextPVR for this.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, iBoss said:

Hi all :)

is there any update on this?

Hi, what are you looking for exactly?

EODCrafter
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what are you looking for exactly?

I would guess to say, Looking for ability to upload Multiple m3u's/tuners with exact information and Emby combine the channels.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

I would guess to say, Looking for ability to upload Multiple m3u's/tuners with exact information and Emby combine the channels.

@Luke 👆 :) 

On 10/30/2022 at 9:41 PM, EODCrafter said:

How would you feel about only uploading 1 set of channels since they are the same, but being able to specify a userid/password and number of streams like we have now but then be able to click an add icon to add another set of credentials and stream count. Then could do it again for a third time.

User1   Password1   5
User2   Password2   5
User3   Password3   5

The URL entered would need two tokens so Emby knows where to insert the userid and password.

This type of setup to me would be cleaner for combining streams as Emby would need only one set of channels loaded saving import time and trying to join channels together.  This would make it a lot easier to manage channels both outside and inside Emby as well.

Theoretically, Emby Server would just need to track how many streams are in use for each tuner which I would think is rather easy compared to working with multiple m3u files.

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, cayars said:

How would you feel about only uploading 1 set of channels since they are the same, but being able to specify a userid/password and number of streams like we have now but then be able to click an add icon to add another set of credentials and stream count. Then could do it again for a third time.

User1   Password1   5
User2   Password2   5
User3   Password3   5

The URL entered would need two tokens so Emby knows where to insert the userid and password.

This type of setup to me would be cleaner for combining streams as Emby would need only one set of channels loaded saving import time and trying to join channels together.  This would make it a lot easier to manage channels both outside and inside Emby as well.

Theoretically, Emby Server would just need to track how many streams are in use for each tuner which I would think is rather easy compared to working with multiple m3u files.

no - we're looking to combine m3us from different providers and different sources ( i have 2 different iptv providers and a local tv server from dvb, using xmltv epg) so while there is some overlap, its not consistent enough for this to be any help. it needs a full config dedicated to managing m3us, creating channel sets and matching to epg. take a look at iptv boss for inspiration on the UI and function but they don't allow combining of channel sources

EODCrafter
8 hours ago, cayars said:

User1   Password1   5
User2   Password2   5
User3   Password3   5

Too restrictive as @Spaceboypointed out, not a good solution.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Spaceboy said:

no - we're looking to combine m3us from different providers and different sources ( i have 2 different iptv providers and a local tv server from dvb, using xmltv epg) so while there is some overlap, its not consistent enough for this to be any help. it needs a full config dedicated to managing m3us, creating channel sets and matching to epg. take a look at iptv boss for inspiration on the UI and function but they don't allow combining of channel sources

On 11/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, EODCrafter said:

Too restrictive as @Spaceboypointed out, not a good solution.

I don't see it as being restrictive at all as it would be meant to use exact list of channels multiple times to combine tuner counts. This would be very similar to what we do already for HDHomeRun tuners. In case you aren't aware you can have multiple same HDHR tuners show up as one.  I have 3 HDHR Primes (9 tuners) but only deal with one channel list to manage for the 9 tuners.

I also have an OTA HDHR (quad-tuner) as well as a VBox Android TV Gateway quad OTA tuner. These are different brands but tune into the same exact channels.  It would be nice to manage this as one list as well.

Besides the hardware tuners I have Channels DVR, 3 IPTV subscriptions and free channels.

I have "duplicates" of many channels as you can guess.  For example, even if the 2 OTA tuners were combined, I'd have ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS (and more) from 6 different sources.

Regardless of the above I still want channel aggregation of like channels that I can prioritize (like Next Gen TV) and believe this is what you are referring to.

I don't see this as one or the other as both features are needed. From a coding standpoint it might be easier and quicker to implement the "like tuner" method to expand stream counts since it's similar to what we already do for another tuner.

Spaceboy
46 minutes ago, cayars said:

I don't see it as being restrictive at all as it would be meant to use exact list of channels multiple times to combine tuner counts.

Your argument doesnt get past here.

• Agree 1

EODCrafter
5 hours ago, softworkz said:

If only a solution would exist that can do that already...

Seems as if TVHeadend has figured it out.

EODCrafter
17 minutes ago, IkeTaylor11 said:

@cayars I gave up on waiting for Emby to implement this. Tvheadend is the solution. 

A very "clunky" solution that requires a MIT 4.0 GPA.

Spaceboy
9 hours ago, softworkz said:

If only a solution would exist that can do that already...

indeed. i seem to remember seeing something like that.... :D 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If only we had a "Next Generation TV" Implementation in place. :)

19 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

Your argument doesnt get past here.

Not sure how anything falls apart.  We already have code in the current TV implementation that is live doing this for HDHomeRun tuners.  It only needs to have username/password/stream-count added to the UI and then in the backend track number of streams in use before rolling over to the next "tuner".

I'm working on something like this that would run outside of Emby for central control of streams which is handy when you use other programs besides just Emby that need access.\ but it won't be re-streaming or proxying the streams so it's light weight and could run on a Raspberry Pi quite easily.

I'd rather have this built into Emby with an additional feature added to export m3u links and work similar to Myth, NextPVR or Channels in that respect.

36 minutes ago, cayars said:

And just imagine this would be greenlighted to go into public beta... 🙂 

• Agree 1

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Not sure how anything falls apart.  We already have code in the current TV implementation that is live doing this for HDHomeRun tuners.  It only needs to have username/password/stream-count added to the UI and then in the backend track number of streams in use before rolling over to the next "tuner".

I'm working on something like this that would run outside of Emby for central control of streams which is handy when you use other programs besides just Emby that need access.\ but it won't be re-streaming or proxying the streams so it's light weight and could run on a Raspberry Pi quite easily.

I'd rather have this built into Emby with an additional feature added to export m3u links and work similar to Myth, NextPVR or Channels in that respect.

i mean it sounds pretty horrible to configure. emby already does a pretty awful job of supporting m3u and epg matching outside of hdhomerun tuners, so, while in theory you are correct, the thought of manually matching c3000 channels at least once to another m3u and a second time to epg does not appeal.

11 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

i mean it sounds pretty horrible to configure. emby already does a pretty awful job of supporting m3u and epg matching outside of hdhomerun tuners, so, while in theory you are correct, the thought of manually matching c3000 channels at least once to another m3u and a second time to epg does not appeal.

Why do you think this is the case? I think it matches the channels just fine, and I've resolved previous issues you've reported. If you have more examples then please open a new topic and i'll be happy to address them as well. Thanks.

I've not tried this in a couple months, but I know one thing that has caused grief with matching and its false positive by channel number.  Even if it's last on the list it's better to get no match then a bogus match just because it matches a channel number in a lineup. If we had a checkbox per EPG to select the items used for matching that could help a lot.  We can't just turn it on/off based on if it's m3u based as many hardware tuners are used via m3u files (Vbox, Sat, TVE/CDVR, even HDHRs).

You could see this happen by taking a large list of channels starting with channel #2 and importing them.  Then the same list of channels starting with channel #5002 and importing them.  You should get the same matches, but one will have many bogus mapped channels and one would be clean.