amarok
Go to solution Solved by amarok,

When I use Microsoft Edge with the server web app dashboard, the screening of active playback from various devices is freezed. When I refresh or reload the webpage it just shows the moment of the playback when the page was loaded. So there is no live controlling possible. When I use Firefox everything works fine. Is this a specific problem with Edge or just a misconfiguration on my side?

5bb8cd936b5db_ezgifcomvideotogif.gif

I made a gif to showcase the problem. the local playback is working, but it is freezed in the dashboard under active devices (there it shows the track before in the playlist, this is the moment I opened the dashboard page (0:06))

ah sorry, thats not emby, i put a grey overlay on the video, because of personal data etc.

its just quick and bad editing ^^

Edited by amarok

5bb8eea17a551_problememby.gif

here's another try. The green/yellow squares I have edited on the video. you can see, that the time is freezed at the active device widget, but the track is actually playing normal. When I leave the dashboard and come back, the widget displays the time of the track when the page has been loaded, but afterwards it's not updating it anymore and again freezed.

Ok, I can't reproduce this. It is working just fine for me, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

• Like 1

and you used Edge? Because I can reproduce it with different machines and Edge as Clients, but then there must be an error at my server. But interesting enough that Firefox works with it

EDIT: ok I think I have an idea, Edge in private works (with settings that no plugin is loaded). So I would presume that my adblock is the problem although I have whitelisted my server.

Edited by amarok

Happy2Play

What is your Windows version number?  As I just tried viewing active devices on two different systems and they showed continues updating at about two second interval

• Solution

@@Happy2Play @@Luke yeah I've managed it to reset my Browser (deleted everything, cookies, data etc.) and reseted my adguard plugin. That seemed to be the problem. I have never done that since a year on my devices, so I think there was maybe some mixup with browser data, I don't know . But everything is working now with Edge and Emby :)

Edited by amarok