Subtitles can not be turned off

Marci32

7 hours ago, Slennox said:

Hi,

Any updates on this issue? Any workaround we could test?

When playing any Live TV channel whose stream includes subtitles, they are always shown by the LG Web player and can't be disabled. No matter what configuration you select on client or server side.

LG Smart TV (55EG920V-ZA)
webOS TV 2.2.3-1353 (beehive-biscayne)
Emby Theater 1.0.24
Emby Server Versión 4.5.0.13 beta

Thank you.

• 2 years later...
flibberflops

Sorry for digging this up again but I am having this issue on a 2015 LG Webos TV with a MKV file that had embedded Subtitles.

Both Subtitles and closed captions are turned off in the Accessibilty menu.

The subtitles DO NOT show on Emby on my PC... but I cannot stop them on the LG TV

Here's something interesting that I found...

If I copy the MKV file to a usb stick and plug it into the TV and use the TV "smartshare" app to play the file directly I still get the same subtitles.

However, in the smartshare app, if you press the remote arrows center button you can get an "additional options" menu that lets you turn off the subtitles. This is a totally different subtitle menu to the one you get in the accessibility menu. This works and the subtitles turn off!

The problem is that this menu seems unique to the smartshare app...there is no way to get to these options when in the emby app (the same button just opens the emby options)

The only way I have been able to get rid of the subtitles on my emby/LG combo is to download MKVToolNix on my PC and remove the embeded subtitles from the MKV

• Thanks 1