Emby 3.5.3.0-1 DS212j ko

Devil062
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

Devil062
Hello,

Sorry for my English, I am a French user.

After updating the Emby server on my DS212j it does not work anymore.

Can not connect with web, android or kodi clients.

I sent the logs: sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181006T075610UTC.tgz

in the logs there must be a diagnostic : /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities/logs/rundiags_20181006T074212UTC.log

With this error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Validating Emby Server version(s):

-> 3.5.3.0
./rundiags: line 581:  1397 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${pkg_default_mono_root}/bin/ikdasm $version/EmbyServer.exe -assembly &> ${output_file}
  FAILED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help

Laurent 

solabc16

Hello @@Devil062

Sorry to hear you're having problems, thanks for running the diagnostics and sending the logs across - that will speed up the process.

I'll take a look now and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best

- James

Devil062

Hello @@solabc16

Thank you for your quick response.

After upgrading to version 3.5.3.0-2, the emby server refuses to boot.

I tried to restart DSM, but the result is the same.

The new diagnostic : /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities/logs/rundiags_20181006T121914UTC.log

and the new send logs : sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181006T122200UTC.tgz

Thank you for your help

Laurent 
Edited by Devil062

solabc16
Hello @@Devil062

Another update for you 3.5.3.0-3, can you let me know if that makes any difference.

A little trial and error needed I'm afraid to try and pinpoint this one.

Best

- James

Devil062

Hello @solabc16

Same problem with 3.5.3.0-3, the server emby refuses to start.

The new diagnostic : /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities/logs/rundiags_20181006T140521UTC.log

and the new send logs : sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181006T140712UTC.tgz

Thank you for your help

Laurent 

solabc16

Thanks @@Devil062, that helps narrow the issue down, I'll keep working on it and update you later on.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Hi,

I seem to be having this same issue. Decided to update today but not positive which version I had. It's probably been a few weeks since upgrading. I'm on version 3.5.3.0-3. It refuses to start.

Thanks,

Mr. T

solabc16

Hello @@Devil062

Thanks for your patience, I've just published 3.5.3.0-4 for your platform - this is still somewhat fact finding, so I'm not necessarily expecting it to resolve the issue.

Once installed please can you run the diagnostics and send logs utilities:-

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Depending on how this update performs, we'll look at providing a fallback to a previous version as an interim step.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Devil062
Hello @solabc16,

Thanks for the update.

the send logs : sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181008T121840UTC.tgz

Is it possible to make a SSH backup of the configuration, users and library ?

Thank you

solabc16

Hello @@Devil062

Thanks, that's cleared up some of the 'noise', but as you can tell the problem still remains.

I've just posted an update, to improve the diagnostics a little.

Can you install, then run the diagnostics and send logs utilities again please.

You can certainly backup the installation, although don't worry - this problem won't cause you to lose anything. Your libraries with the content in, will be wherever you configured them, so you'll always be able to access these independently of Emby Server - as these are just regular directories and files on your NAS. The most important directory for the Emby Server package, will on a typical installation, be located at:-

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/

You'll  know if you changed this from its defaults. So you could do something like...

cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/
tar -czf /volume1/Development/EmbyServerBackup-20181008.tar.gz $(ls -1)

...this directory can be quite large, so make sure the destination you choose has sufficient space and the archive isn't going to cause a problem. In the example above, 'Development' is a file share, so it makes it easy to grab the file from another device.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Devil062

Hello @solabc16,

the send logs : sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181008T170936UTC.tgz

By cons I'm not at home to test.

Thank you,

Laurent

solabc16

Hello @@Devil062

I've just published 3.5.3.0-6 for your platform, can you install and then let me have the logs please.

A couple more iterations needed I'm afraid, thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately I don't have any ARMv5TE hardware available to work through these iterations locally.

Best

- James

Devil062

Hello @solabc16,

The send logs : sendlogs_DS212J_synology_88f6281_212j_20181009T151351UTC.tgz

no problem for testing, I understand that you can not have any platform.
If I understand a new version (.net) is in beta, if my platform is compatible I can test if you wish.

Thank you,

Laurent

solabc16

Hello @@Devil062

That's great news, thanks for your patience. We've at least pinpointed the exact cause of the issue, which means we can do some more digging now ahead of the next stable release.

I'll get in touch before that goes public for this platform, so we can avoid a repeat.

Regarding your question on .NET Core, it's unlikely we'll be bringing this version of Emby Server to these platforms as the processors are quite old and somewhat limited now.

Never say never, but to set expectation, it's not likely.

That said, we do keep pushing to make sure the current package performs as well as is possible and we do keep making steps forward.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

• Solution
solabc16

For reference, this issues was resolved with stable release 3.5.3.0-6 for all systems based on the '88f628x' package architecture.

Please see https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General/What_kind_of_CPU_does_my_NAS_have to lookup product/package arch.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16