Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

neik

Am I blind or isn't this available in the catalog?

Given that quite a few people are using it and apparently it's stable, it would be great to have it there to receive possible updates instantly and not having to check for them and side-load them.

@MikePlanet, have you already requested to get it there?

@Luke, could you help here please?

rbjtech
15 hours ago, M3th0s said:

Yes, if all versions of a movie are under a folder, then emby will group them and it'll show a single movie view. However without this addon, if they are in different folder, say 1080p and 4k, then emby will show 2 movie posters. 

With this plugin, it'll show 1 movie poster, then you can use granular folder permissions to give users access to both folders or just one depending on their device/connection capabilities.

Hope this makes sense?

A further question if I may.

Do the users without permission get to see the alternative versions in the list for which they have no access to ? 

if yes, and they try and play that version - does it reject gracefully ?

I'm keen to try this as I have a separate 4K library due to permissions but don't want users complaining they can't play the 4K Remux remotely ! 

M3th0s
14 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

A further question if I may.

Do the users without permission get to see the alternative versions in the list for which they have no access to ? 

if yes, and they try and play that version - does it reject gracefully ?

I'm keen to try this as I have a separate 4K library due to permissions but don't want users complaining they can't play the 4K Remux remotely ! 

This was an issue initially but got fixed (thanks @Luke!). So if under folder permissions you don't give users access to a certain folder they only see the versions they're allowed to see :)

• Like 1

M3th0s
4 hours ago, neik said:

Am I blind or isn't this available in the catalog?

Given that quite a few people are using it and apparently it's stable, it would be great to have it there to receive possible updates instantly and not having to check for them and side-load them.

@MikePlanet, have you already requested to get it there?

@Luke, could you help here please?

Seconding this. Either make this a permanent plugin or bring it inline with emby in the same way TV Shows are already doing :)

• Like 2

rbjtech
31 minutes ago, M3th0s said:

This was an issue initially but got fixed (thanks @Luke!). So if under folder permissions you don't give users access to a certain folder they only see the versions they're allowed to see :)

Perfect - many thanks - gonna give this a spin 😃

edit - all good, multi-versions for those with permissions - exactly what it should do out the box.  Thanks @MikePlanet

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

M3th0s
Just now, rbjtech said:

Perfect - many thanks - gonna give this a spin 😃

Don't forget to backup first, just in case :)

neik
1 hour ago, M3th0s said:

it inline with emby in the same way TV Shows are already doing :)

Having it natively in Emby would even be better.

rbjtech

So just a follow up - this plugin has made the big question of how to manage 4K content SOOOOO much easier.

I've now been able to delete my multiple '4K Collection' versions and keep them all in a single collection (along with the 1080p versions etc) and clients only see what they are permissioned to see from that one collection.  BINGO ...

I'm really not sure why this is not in the Core code -  is there a technical reason as presumably, it's just matching tmdb ID's ?

• Like 2

Zanarkand

Doesn't this work for Emby server 4.4.3.0? How would I need to install it on Windows? I copied manually the dll in two folders about plugins here: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server , then I reset the server but films are still duplicated.

Thanks in advance.

rbjtech

4.4.3.0 is fine as that's the stable release.

Do you see the plugin in the Plugin Area on your dashboard ?    It should say Auto Movie Version Collections v1 ?

If yes, then have a look in the logs for -

"Info Auto Movie Version Collections:"

and see what it is doing.  It runs on a schedule, but unfortunately it's not configurable nor in the schedule section on the Admin page - but mine ran immediately as I restarted the server.

Edited by rbjtech

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this with the new stable release (4.5.0.50) and is it safe to update?

Thanks in advance 

EDIT: Although to be fair, still waiting for this to be included as default!

Edited by M3th0s

• 2 weeks later...
bakes82

Yeah I know, but I see hes on github so it might be private and maybe he can make public or push it to github for us.

Does this look right?  It seems to duplicate one of the versions

image.png.f032d4c0b77b47fd053fd67beae4c672.png

lorac

It doesn't look right but it could also be that the movie itself is duplicated. Of course one also wonders one would need three different 4K versions.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, bakes82 said:

Yeah I know, but I see hes on github so it might be private and maybe he can make public or push it to github for us.

Does this look right?  It seems to duplicate one of the versions

image.png.f032d4c0b77b47fd053fd67beae4c672.png

If you scroll down to Media Info, is it actually showing item with duplicate path?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, bakes82 said:

Yes but it’s duplicated but one has no other info but the path.

first one

image.thumb.png.d48e039e3e55f58a9feb53f9196e3e89.png

Second one

image.png.e0383d7c8cac6c49e10a4f4824d4bded.png

So to me that would mean that item ended up in Emby Database twice with two different item ids.  If possible you would move that item out of its location, scan to remove it from Emby, then re-add the item.  Unless you feel like poking around in a back copy of Emby's database.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, M3th0s said:

Anyone tried this plugin with the latest version yet?
(4.5.2.0)

No reason it should not work as it worked on 4.5.0.50.

16 hours ago, fuzzynet said:

@Luke when do you think it will be added to the Emby Plugin Catalog?

Unfortunately, never, I guess.
This has been around for about 2 years now and it's still not there.
Sadly, I wouldn't hold my breath for it...