Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

robsonk33
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

As long as you downloaded 4.6.0.22 and put that dll in plugin folder.  You should be good.  It works for me on 4.6.4.0 and 4.7.0.3 beta.

I put the dll inside the plugin folder, restarted the server and I'm scanning the movies folder as soon as I finish I'll say what happened here

• 1 month later...
Funes1985

Hi,

Thanks for this addon, worked flawlessly, however I need to install it again, and the links in the main post are not available anymore, would you mind uploading them again?

EDIT: NVM, they show available right now :)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Funes1985

• 3 weeks later...
lorac

If your shows are all one library then emby incorporates this feature already.

It doesn't work for TV shows.

4 hours ago, lorac said:

If your shows are all one library then emby incorporates this feature already.

It doesn't work for TV shows.

Wait i am bit confused now. Technically Emby groups both shows & movie if renaming convention is followed . This plugin aims to group movies which are not renamed according to convention. Now when you are saying Emby groups shows already , in this context do you mean shows will get grouped even if renaming convention is not followed ?

Edited by xd003

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, xd003 said:

Now when you are saying Emby groups shows already , in this context do you mean shows will get grouped even if renaming convention is not followed ?

TV episode naming does not matter as the name is not used to group them.  But the per library "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" option is required so having different libraries will not work to groups these items.

So you would need to go over an example of what you are trying to accomplish.

• 1 month later...

I'm using "Automatic version grouping" and it's a great application but doing some tests, I don't know how to uninstall it completely.

Despite uninstalling the dll and restarting the Emby server, the movies are still set to "grouping".

I can do it for each movie using the option "split versions apart", but how to do it with all the movies and leave it as before installing the dll?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Teddy said:

I'm using "Automatic version grouping" and it's a great application but doing some tests, I don't know how to uninstall it completely.

Despite uninstalling the dll and restarting the Emby server, the movies are still set to "grouping".

I can do it for each movie using the option "split versions apart", but how to do it with all the movies and leave it as before installing the dll?

Since all the merging was done directly in the database, your only options is Refreshing items/libraries or removing/readding items/libraries.

• 2 weeks later...
HawkXP71

First off, love the plugin.. But Im feeling stupid.

I have two versions of Gladiator (as well as others, but this one is just representative of the problem)

laid out with this directory structure

scott@mediabox:/volume2/video/Movies/Gladiator$ pwd
/volume2/video/Movies/Gladiator
scott@mediabox:/volume2/video/Movies/Gladiator$ !ls
ls -al */*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby     290170 Oct 22 12:12 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/fanart.jpg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby    9144848 Oct 22 12:12 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/Gladiator-320-10.bif'
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby  emby    9144848 Oct 23 14:04 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/Gladiator - Extended Edition-320-10.bif'
-rw-rw-rw- 1 scott emby 2857743822 Oct 22 12:05 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/Gladiator - Extended Edition.mkv'
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby  emby       8070 Oct 23 14:04 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/Gladiator - Extended Edition.nfo'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby       8039 Oct 22 12:12 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/Gladiator.nfo'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby     166456 Oct 22 12:12 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98] - Extended Edition/poster.jpg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby     290170 Oct 22 12:09 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98]/fanart.jpg'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby    8492185 Oct 22 12:09 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98]/Gladiator-320-10.bif'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby 1552428541 Oct 22 12:05 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98]/Gladiator.mkv'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby       8015 Oct 23 14:04 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98]/Gladiator.nfo'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott emby     166456 Oct 22 12:09 'Gladiator (2000) [tmdbid=98]/poster.jpg'

They are both being grouped (thanks to the plugin) into one movie, the "movie selector" combo box, shows 
"Gladiator" and "Gladiator - Extended Edition" as expected.

However, the main movie name is based on the folder name which includes the tmdbid and year.

Untitled.thumb.png.61fe32e35c266ee11edccb388572ed02.png

What is the solution? THis only happens on grouped movies

I could be wrong but from my past experience the tmdb or imdb tag is normally applied to the file not the folder, does it happen for files tagged this way which are single versions?

• 2 months later...
InaudibleDirge

I'm having a strange issue.

I'm using a batch script to create strm files that get scanned into separate libraries to create featured content. For example: new movies.

This creates duplicate items across the server since they are two files in two locations and scanned into two libraries even though they are the same item and the strm directs to the original file. I'm using this plugin to re-group the items so as to solve the duplication annoyance. However, after the strm and the original file are grouped together, I'm no longer able to view the movie info page in the featured library - only the main 'movies' library. I just get a blank page.

The movie info pages link to different db IDs but I would have assumed that they would be redirect to the same db entry since they are grouped, but that's not the case.

• 1 month later...
greystar

Can anyone re-upload the latest version of this? It seems all the links at the start are broken/offline. I'm running 4.6.7.0 and looking for the latest beta file. Thanks in advance!

lordvader

Hi :)
I was directed here from another thread. I've currently got a collection of UHD rips in BDMV format. However, I have multiple versions of the movies (theatrical, extended, disk1, disk2, etc ...), so in order to stop emby showing dupes, am trying this plugin.

I've attached an image of my folder structure, as well as the current output. Though the files are now properly grouped, I still can't differentiate them. Is there something I'm missing?

image.png.9166000bc26911fba3646848219e3e95.png

image.png.60765e92b7553c4d366e5970f97b5d93.png

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, lordvader said:

Hi :)
I was directed here from another thread. I've currently got a collection of UHD rips in BDMV format. However, I have multiple versions of the movies (theatrical, extended, disk1, disk2, etc ...), so in order to stop emby showing dupes, am trying this plugin.

I've attached an image of my folder structure, as well as the current output. Though the files are now properly grouped, I still can't differentiate them. Is there something I'm missing?

image.png.9166000bc26911fba3646848219e3e95.png

image.png.60765e92b7553c4d366e5970f97b5d93.png

Really has nothing to do with the plugin as your method is not supported.  The plugin will allow grouping do to same providerids.

My guess would be you need to Split them apart, edit versions, then regroup them.  But there currently is no supported method for multi-version bluray discs that I know of.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 months later...
Cadkey

Hello,
Do you know if this plugin works with version 4.8.0.0 beta please?

Edit: @MikePlanet 
In fact it works in 4.8.0.0 Beta.
I forgot to give the rights to the files (Synology)
chown emby AutoCollections.dll
chgrp emby AutoCollections.dll
chmod 777 AutoCollections.dll

Edited by Cadkey

• 4 weeks later...
MangoMC

2022-06-25 15:00:12.204 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.4.0
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.13.0-51-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-046) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #58~20.04.
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app/emby
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'name')
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionHelper.AddCollection(List`1 current, LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.AddCollectionInfo(LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.ProcessMainInfo(MetadataResult`1 resultItem, TmdbSettingsResult settings, String preferredCountryCode, CompleteMovieData movieData)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MediaBrowser.Controller
	TargetSite: Boolean AddCollection(System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo], MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo)

For me it Stopped working on 4.7.4.0...anyone Else with the same issue? 

Edited by MangoMC