DLNA devices not shown in Dashboard or Devices->devices

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

This is the image of a server panel playing two video streams.
One video stream is being served to a Chrome web browser running on Windows.

The second video stream is being served to a Samsung smart tv by means of DLNA.

5a6876c757f8b_Semttulo.jpg

The two red-squared areas (numbered 1 and 2) are the places where I suppose there should be administrative content related to the second video stream.

In fact, to the best of my knowledge, there are no means as to determine both if there is a DNLA stream being served by Emby on a given moment or in the past.

I must also mention I cannot state there was such info on past versions but I have a certain memory of that.

EduardoSantos

So, as I have this memory of seeing the DLNA stream on the admin panel, I had to stress the scenario a little bit and, as you can se below: 

5a687b48835fa_Semttulo1.jpg

This is the same server playing the same two streams to the same clients.

Difference is that this time the DLNA stream was initiated/commanded by Emby's Android App.

I went a little further, checked and can confirm that the activity is also correctly being logged and reported when DLNA stream is initiated by Emby's web client.

So I must correct my report as to:

DLNA activity is not being logged when commanded/initiated by the actual DLNA client, at least when this client is a Samsung Smart TV.

Hope this contributes.

EduardoSantos

Have no idea.

I am saying this currently works for streams initiated by Emby clients (web app and Android) but does not work for streams initiated by the Samsung DLNA client.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Thuzad

Model: UE65MU6105K

And since the day I lost this display, I no longer have the sign to know if my films have already been viewed. I do not know if it has a relationship ..

Edited by Floflobel

• 3 months later...
SenorSmartyPants

I'm a new Emby user, installed 3.6.0.51 beta using the official Docker ARM image.

Chrome and Roku 3 devices display correctly and show activity.

I can play videos from a couple different DLNA clients (VLC on windows, BubbleUPNP on android) but those devices never show up in either location mentioned in the post title. I'd like to be able to edit DLNA client profiles for transcoding, and setting default user per client if possible.

Activity is also not passed thru to the trakt plugin. I have it setup and working correctly for web and roku clients.

I'm moving away from Plex because they are sunsetting plugins and I want to sync with trakt. I was happy to discover that Emby correctly syncs dvd numbered episodes, because Plex did not. But Plex did sync DLNA plays, which Emby isn't for me. This is a major deal since I play at least 50% on DLNA devices.

Thanks.

Thuzad

Hello,

I have the same problem with my DLNA devices. When I play a movie isn't repoting into the dashboard and the plugins (trakt, playback reporting ect..) 

Send log of playback by MP

SenorSmartyPants

I remember in the old version of Emby that the playback with DLNA was completely reported on the Dashboard.

Do you happen to remember what version that was? I'm curious if that version would work with trakt.

SenorSmartyPants

I have DLNA "Play to" enabled, I am browsing emby DLNA with VLC successfully (so emby should be aware of VLC) but if I go to emby web and click on the "Play ON"/chromecast icon I don't have VLC DLNA client as an option to "play to"

Thuzad

Do you happen to remember what version that was? I'm curious if that version would work with trakt.

Sorry, I do not remember the version at all. It was 6 months ago I think .. Edited by Floflobel