schmitty
Go to solution Solved by denz,

schmitty

For direct support, like Schedules Direct. Instead of having to login to icetv website, then generate the xmltv link, it could be setup just by entering the account email address and password. Also, icetv premium services could be used from with Emby.

Edited by schmitty

I thought IceTV supported creating an xmltv url that you can just plug into Emby, this way you don't have save any xml files? I'm pretty sure it supports that, right? Given the amount of work that it takes to support a new provider, and given how easy this process is, isn't it already pretty good? Think of it it this way. Suppose we want to support 85 countries, and suppose that each of them have 2-3 providers such as IceTV. Are we really going to build customized support for 200+ guide providers when users can just plug in a url instead?

• Like 1

Support the format vs the provider when at all possible.  Less code, less testing, less to go wrong.

• Solution

I use icetv and you get the xmltv url from https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv add to emby map the channels that are not mapped and then use metadata manager live tv to sort the channels and you are all all set and that is it.

Edited by denz
  • Like 1