EPG Mapping Issues

willn

I have been using Emby to do some M3U streams with associated XMLTV EPG Guide data and have mapped all my channels. Everything works great, but there are about 20 channels that I am using guide data from two different XMLTV providers that is not correct. 

So basically I have 2 TV Guide providers for the same M3U playlist, but channels 1-20 are mapped to one and the rest of the channels are mapped to a Schedule Direct source. The problem is that the channels that I manually mapped for these 20 channels are not showing the data from that second XMLTV source even though I know the data is correct in the XMLTV guide data. I validated it with a XMLTV viewer.

Hopefully this makes sense and I can provide whatever I need to help troubleshoot. Thanks.

schmitty

I am having a similar issue. 7 Digital Melbourne is mapped to both 7 and 71, but Emby maps both to 7... it doesn’t matter what guide data I use, whether it’s icetv, freeepg or Matt Huismann. I would really like to use icetv as main source, but use others to fill in gaps which icetv does not cover. Currently Emby doesn’t seem to allow to disable individual channel mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty

Luke, thank you for this. I have seen a lot of posts requesting this. I think the biggest request in my eyes would be the ability to remove a mapping if it automatically maps. I was able to fix my issue by starting my channels at like 1100 which didn't map to any channels in the SD list for a cable provider. Then I used my own EPG and it was good to go. 

If there was removal of the mapping, I would have been golden. Keep up the good work!

Spaceboy

Luke, thank you for this. I have seen a lot of posts requesting this. I think the biggest request in my eyes would be the ability to remove a mapping if it automatically maps. I was able to fix my issue by starting my channels at like 1100 which didn't map to any channels in the SD list for a cable provider. Then I used my own EPG and it was good to go. 

If there was removal of the mapping, I would have been golden. Keep up the good work!

hmm i wonder who might have asked for this feature before? :) come on @@Luke this needs fixing. it can't be that hard? either an option to unmap is required or some way of setting it through a tvgid. Even a blank tvgid is not reliable. i have channels in my line up with an explicitly blank tvgid and it STILL gets mapped to something in Schedules Direct

I'd love to be able to view which of my 4 EPG sources is being used on any particular channel as well.  The auto mapping is a killer if you update or add a new guide as it overwrites your existing setup and there is no way to know what it's using for each channel.

I'm thinking of moving all tuners over to NextPVR just so I can control the channel to EPG mapping.

I'd love to be able to view which of my 4 EPG sources is being used on any particular channel as well.  The auto mapping is a killer if you update or add a new guide as it overwrites your existing setup and there is no way to know what it's using for each channel.

I'm thinking of moving all tuners over to NextPVR just so I can control the channel to EPG mapping.

What? Never realized NextPVR did IPTV. Might have another solution to look at while this gets fixed.

Well, nevermind, just looked it up and this in on their Wiki

Note: IPTV support was removed in NextPVR v2.5.9.

Edited by willn

Probably because app stores are beginning to remove iptv apps, and they'd like to be in an app store.

I use NextPVR right now, but considering using Emby instead because I have multiple IPTV m3u's and NPVR only supports one. Haven't had much luck with Emby in the channel mapping yet. Emby needs some improvements in that area. Especially knowing which playlist goes with which channel.

• 2 years later...