xmltv changes?

Jennice

Jennice

Hi all,

Has something changed recently regarding xmltv EPG import?

Recently, parts of my EPG info is no longer showing in Emby.

/Jennice

Hi all,

Has something changed recently regarding xmltv EPG import?

Recently, parts of my EPG info is no longer showing in Emby.

/Jennice

What do you find missing?

Jennice

I have issues importing guide data from some channels.

I think I have an issue mapping the EPG's channel name to Emby. This causes the guide data not being assigned to a channel.

If I understand correctly, Emby uses channel name to assign EPG data.'

I am using a HD HomeRun (cable, europe).

Is there a way to edit the channel names that Emby uses for the channels?

I have not found a wy to edit the names HDHomeRun assigns to a channel (they are given by the provider).

Therefore, I think I need a way to edit the names within Emby.

Example: Emby calles my ch. 17 as "Discov" (from the tuner, and thus the tv provider).

The EPG calls the channel "Discovery Channel".

This causes the EPG for channel 17 in Emby to remain empty. 

Any way to change the names in Emby?

EDIT:

I found a (in some ways) better provider of EPG for my area, but they provide a link to the full 2 week epg (xx megabyte data), so I need a way to match their naming with Emby.

Edited by Jennice

EODCrafter

If I understand correctly, Emby uses channel name to assign EPG data.

It may use this but I know for a fact it uses the channel Number from the Guide or channel-id from the m3u. I have a VOD (The Next Friday), which Emby decided to Number as Channel 2 and it links Guide Data for Channel 2 WKRN Nashville to this Channel. I have to create a "fake" xml file and map it to that to get rid of the Mapping...I tried renaming but it still linked.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

HDHomerun does not use m3u list, if I understand Luke (Emby team) correctly.

It does assign Channel Numbers in the Guide...Correct? I gave Both Examples....I edited my example to be more clear....

it uses the channel Number from the Guide or channel-id from the m3u
Edited by EODCrafter

Jennice

The program I currently use to get EPG data (WebGrab++) has a list of entries, for which it fetches data.

The the Webgrab++ program, Discovery Channel is ID 70, but it is still linked to Emby Ch 17 (17 used by HD HomeRun). The only thing I BELIEVE they have in common is the name in text.

My potential better source for EPG gives me 1 file with ALL the EPG data in it. Therefore I can't assign my own names to the channels in that EPG file.

My option would be to either have HDHomeRun tuner channels renamed (opened topic in SiliconDust / HDHomeRun forum), or edit the names Emby adopts from HDHomerun.

My question is: Which file contains the channel nummer ~ name info in Emby server?

• Like 1

EODCrafter

The program I currently use to get EPG data (WebGrab++) has a list of entries, for which it fetches data.

The the Webgrab++ program, Discovery Channel is ID 70, but it is still linked to Emby Ch 17 (17 used by HD HomeRun). The only thing I BELIEVE they have in common is the name in text.

My potential better source for EPG gives me 1 file with ALL the EPG data in it. Therefore I can't assign my own names to the channels in that EPG file.

My option would be to either have HDHomeRun tuner channels renamed (opened topic in SiliconDust / HDHomeRun forum), or edit the names Emby adopts from HDHomerun.

My question is: Which file contains the channel nummer ~ name info in Emby server?

It's not a file, it's a SQ Lite Database...It's not Human-Editable.

5bb5ecd08ca85_Screenshotfrom201810040534

It would be nice to be able to assign Groups or Channel numbers here, but this is currently in the development stage according to Luke....

5bb5ee1a659b7_Screenshotfrom201810040538

Edited by EODCrafter

Jennice

Not human editable! Damn...

I think editing this easily is on my wish list, Luke (in case you're listening) ;)