Missing album cover, incorrect artist, playback error

danscott7

danscott7

Okay.

Clicked the beta channel link. Followed the onscreen instruction on my TV5bb8d2255e4d9_RokuEmbybetachannel.png screen while in Roku.

Included a screenshot telling me what to do, which I did to the letter.

Went to the same album in my Emby library on the Emby channel.

Kate Bush *still* shows up as the artist who created the "So" album.

Happy2Play

Went to the same album in my Emby library on the Emby channel.

Kate Bush *still* shows up as the artist who created the "So" album.

Post 22 already explains the issue.  App is seeing first artist listed in album.nfo.

danscott7

Post 22 explains the issue, but does not offer a solution to the issue.

I tried the solution offered by someone else here on the forums,using the Emby beta channel on my Roku instead of the normal Emby Channel, and that did not work. If anyone could offer an actual solution, that would be appreciated.

Happy2Play

The app has to be updates for this specific issue.  So all albums with multiple artist that don't have the first artist same as the albumartist will have this issue.

Yes, as Happy2Play says we know what it is. You gave enough information. It's just that right now I am doing many many things. I will address the issue here, but bigger fish exist to fry today. Not that it isn't important. But bigger issues must be addressed first regarding playback. We aren't giving you enough options to provide you the playback experience you expect. After this is corrected, this is the next item up to bat. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

danscott7

I realize that Happy2Play said you know what the problem is.

With all due respect, I fail to see *why* he felt the need to tell me that, as I do not come to forums for just explanations of problems, but *solutions* to those problems.

He*could* have said "We know what it is *but* are unable to address it at the moment, " instead of replying to my asking for a solution with "I already told you in a previous post that I know what is wrong."

I wasn't asking what is wrong. I know what is wrong. I was asking for assistance in fixing what is wrong.

If you can't do that, then, at leas for the moment, say *that*,  instead of *I already told you what the issue was."

As if that was all I was asking for.

@@danscott7 I am sorry you feel we are not listening. Right now I am on the road, dealing with other things, as well as your issue. So while I can dedicate time to this and likely get what you want done. I can't lie to you and tell you I am working on it right now. I haven't yet. I am very very busy with things ATM. This is just a bad time when many things in my life are happening at once. This doesn't mean you aren't important or your issue is dismissable. It is on the TO DO list, in fact, I have been assigned to it. So it will get done. But in another thread, a fellow was having issues with HEVC and passing second audio streams. Today in the morning, I dedicated time to addressing that issue directly to tackle it before it could become a fire. After all it is a playback issue that affects more users. This is also a playback issue, but much less serious. It is still serious all the same, but not bleeding and causing as much damage to the brand. Please work with us, and give us a little time to bring this to a resolution. I completely understand what your issue is, and sort of how to resolve it. Bear with us. You will certainly get the attention you deserve very shortly. I will have free time again tonight to dig into code.

Edited by speechles

danscott7

I am here for help, not get into Petty squabbles so I will make this short. My complaint is not that you are not paying attention to me at the moment. My complaint was that instead of offering a solution to my question, I simply got the remark I understand what the problem is. End of sentence. I would rather, if you're too busy at the moment, to have you just say that, instead of saying I know what the problem is and leave it at that. As I'm trying to make clear, even if I don't get a solution to my problem, which is fine, it doesn't help to Simply here I know what the problem is. And now I think I've spent enough time trying to make my point clear. I too am busy and need to move on to other things.

Hi, I'm sorry for the confusion.

The solution is we are actively working on resolving this for an upcoming update to the app.

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

@@speechles @@ebr

This is still a issue in 3.0.115.

What server version?

I am on v3.5.3.0. Is this something that only happens with the beta server builds? I am purposely on stable, while some others are on beta, and between us all we can find these. If this is on beta, I might have to adjust accordingly to see the issue.

Happy2Play

What server version?

I am on v3.5.3.0. Is this something that only happens with the beta server builds? I am purposely on stable, while some others are on beta, and between us all we can find these. If this is on beta, I might have to adjust accordingly to see the issue.

Last verified on beta server 3.6.0.57 and app v3.0.115.  Same results from post 22. 

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Last verified on beta server 3.6.0.60 and app v3.0.118.  Same results from post 22. 

@@Happy2Play I apologize for the lack of forward progress on this issue. I have now put this to rest hopefully. The changes I submitted for these allow it track the type of item it is obtaining information for. Now it knows an album needs albumartist. Audio needs artist. MusicArtist needs name. Before it was not doing this separation. Hopefully these fix your issue. I try to make everyone Happy. Ironic the person with the word "happy" in his name has to be well.. not satisfied with the end result. I hopefully have resolved this. Mistakes are not meant to happen. But sometimes you have to make them to better understand. You can't learn to walk without falling on your face 100x. Hope you are happy with the results.. *crosses fingers*

• Like 1