Ver.3.5.3 unstable

JotNarayan

JotNarayan
Yesterday it was updated to the new version 3.5.3 and I have noticed that it hangs a lot when moving through the menus. I have the DS218play. I visualize it from the TV LG-UF6807

Have you also noticed this certain instability?

JotNarayan

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

I work with LG Smart TV and Nas DS218Play.
The first time I reset the Nas, everything goes perfect, I enter Emby and it goes quite fast, but after a few minutes it starts to slow down, and every time it costs more to navigate through the menus, until there comes a time that gets stuck. I look at the information of the Nas, and the ram memory, does not exceed 50%, and the CPU, as soon as it is loaded, between 10% and 30%.
The only way to get it unlocked is by forcing the restart of the Nas or restarting Emby.
Working from the computer with Window 10, works much better, but also ends up slowing down and getting blocked.
From the LG Smart TV, the system is very slow to enter and blocks quickly.
The connection between the TV and the router is Lan, at 1 gig. The TV is the only bottleneck, since its output is only 100 ... but this should not affect. because it has enough line.
I can not provide more information

PD: I read on the net that the DS218play is fully compatible with Emby ... In my case, I can not get any speed or stability.

Thanks, can you also attach the information requested above that corresponds to this example? Thanks !

JotNarayan

Thanks, can you also attach the information requested above that corresponds to this example? Thanks !

Well, following the steps of the form:
The Emby server works under version 3.5.3.0. This is the first version that I install. That is, I decided to bet on Emby after being 1 year working with Nas's own multimedia software, but given the impossibility of playing 4K videos, that's what led me to look for other softwares and that's where I met Emby. Great server, which I love in all its aspects.
The problem is that it works very slowly in my DS218play, and at the minimum it starts to slow down and ends up blocking.
At the moment I have not seen error messages.
I enclose the record that you ask me:

• Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Thanks !

JotNarayan

logs.txt

• Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Thanks !

JotNarayan

Ok, the next version of Emby Server (3.6), will perform considerably faster. Thanks.

More or less, do you know when you will have it available ?. Thank you very much.

JotNarayan
I sent the corresponding log to you yesterday evening, since between 11pm and midnight, I visualized a 4K video of 3 minutes perfectly from the LG TV. Once finished, I tried again to visualize it, and the system was blocked, and after a few seconds it was restarted, returning to the Emby main menu.

Let's see if you can see what happened. Thank you very much.

logs_2.txt

JotNarayan

How did you send them? I don't have any private messages from you? Thanks.

It is the log that I attached to the previous message.
I'm translating from Google and played a trick on the words.

JotNarayan

Have you been able to see anything about the Emby server restart error? Here I return to attach the log of what happened between 11 and 12 at night.

logs_2.txt

There's nothing obvious here. You could try turning off the server's dlna features and then restarting the server. thanks.

JotNarayan

Hello @@JotNarayan

I've just posted an update on the stable channel for your platform, 3.5.3.0-7.

Can you install it and let me know if it makes any difference.

Either way, appreciate if you can send your logs across: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

I just installed it.
I'll try it tomorrow and if I detect differences, I'll tell you. Thank you very much.

JotNarayan

Hello @@JotNarayan

Either way, appreciate if you can send your logs across: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

At the moment, I have not noticed any difference. From my PC in Win10 works well, as always, the problem is from LG Smart TV that goes very, very slow, that if it does not end up hanging and restarting the server.
I will continue reporting any incident.

JotNarayan

Hello @@JotNarayan

Best

- James

One problem that I have noticed, is that there is no way to disconnect subtitles. This problem does not have to be reported in this same message, or in any other forum, but the fact is that when playing the movie from the PC, it works well and as I have it set so that the subtitles do not appear, all good. But, from the TV there is no way. Despite being in OFF mode, the subtitles continue to appear in the movie, and end up bothering. This is an Emby bug? or is it from LG?

JotNarayan

After several days testing this last revision that you have taken, the "3.5.3.0-8", I have to say that I have not had any new crashes in my system DS218Play, now it seems more stable.