Subtitle alignment/scaling when transcoding with vobsub subtitles

Pittiplatsch

Pittiplatsch

I've a problem with misaligned/scaled subtitles (vobsub) with some of my media. I attached a screenshot showing that the subtitles burnt in during transcoding are not centered. It looks like the scaling of the subtitles is a bit off. This might cause the misalignment.

I figured out, that the issue only come up when I crop letterboxed media to get the actual or intended aspect ratio of my media files while rendering. I also tested if anamorphic rendering has any influence to this problem, but the issue seems to be not affected by this, Emby is handling this (mostly) with no issues.

A external player like VLC is handling this correctly.

I'm on Emby 3.5.2.0 running in a Docker container. But the issue is not related to this specific version of Emby. I'm pretty sure this issue come up with a Emby update a while ago, but I cannot reproduce with which version this issue came up anymore. Additionally I'm using the Web App with Firefox 62.

Thanks,

Peter

post-208074-0-45277400-1538301306_thumb.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-bc828121-46c9-46a9-90d7-7b148a231c10.txt

embyserver.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Pittiplatsch

Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

I'll give it a try: I attached a highly compressed video file (length 60s) with no audio but vobsub subtitles to this post. I think it should work for troubleshooting this issue. If not please let me know.

Many thanks,

Peter

Test Clip (2000).zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pittiplatsch

Hi there, it will be resolved in Emby Server 4.1. Thanks.

Hi Luke, thanks for letting me know. I've tested it with Emby 4.1.0.9 beta and it seems to be working for now. Many thanks for fixing.