No HDR signal through Android app -> Chromecast Ultra

Zogun

Hello.

New user here, after trying to get Plex to direct play 4K HEVC with HDR to my Chromecast Ultra for over a year I gave up and tried Emby after a friend recommended it for me. Gotta say it was love at first sight! Without problems I got 4K HEVC direct playing on my CCU connected to my LG OLEDB7V. Then I saw that there was an app available for my LG TV and decided to try that one, lo and behold, I got the video playing and my TV detected the HDR signal as well!

The problem is that the wireless nic in the TV is completely garbage and only gives me a bitrate of ~16 Mbps whereas the CCU got ~80 Mbps. I will solve this with an ethernet cable. but in the meantime it would be great if it was possible to play the video through the CCU and still retain the HDR signal (which the CCU should support?).

If you require any more information or log files, please let me know. I will definitely become a lifetime subscriber, because I still think that Emby is amazing and I appreciate all the work you put into it =)

Cheers, Zogun

Edited by Zogun