Library Source & Destination

Scrat

Gonna consider any effort dead until either or both FreeNAS 11.2 and Emby are updated.

Sorry if ya'll hate me for this. I didn't expect this much hassle.

makarai

Gonna consider any effort dead until either or both FreeNAS 11.2 and Emby are updated.

Sorry if ya'll hate me for this. I didn't expect this much hassle.

Its really weird to me that for you files are being moved.

Also everything to this point should be possible with the GUI. Have you watched the video that i added to the first post?

https://streamable.com/72jah

Edited by makarai

Nope.. but I will now. I don't see the first post as I check threads from my phone 99.99% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Watched..

/mnt/databank01/media/(Movies,Music,TV Shows, Other) all go to /media inside the Emby jail. Ironically, the only movie that shows up is Hooked. Its inside a folder called Hooked.. inside /mnt/databank01/media/Other.

I know there is media inside each folder.

Also, what's the point of "vnet"? I have just given every jail an IP when installing a plugin. But they all only want the igb0 interface as opposed to igb1. Both 1Gb.. ix0 and ix1 are 10Gb, but I don't have network hardware for that yet.

MRobi

Watched..

/mnt/databank01/media/(Movies,Music,TV Shows, Other) all go to /media inside the Emby jail. Ironically, the only movie that shows up is Hooked. Its inside a folder called Hooked.. inside /mnt/databank01/media/Other.

I know there is media inside each folder.

Also, what's the point of "vnet"? I have just given every jail an IP when installing a plugin. But they all only want the igb0 interface as opposed to igb1. Both 1Gb.. ix0 and ix1 are 10Gb, but I don't have network hardware for that yet.

vnet gives the jail a full network stack. It's absolutely required by some plugins, but I don't believe emby need it, but I enable it anyways.

The issue you're having is not on the emby or the freenas side. Even in beta, the actions you are trying to complete do work flawlessly (at least through shell). There are a few known issues in GUI, but those should not affect this. The issue lies in something being missed, done incorrectly, or something like permissions. The challenge is figuring out exactly what that is, and then it can be fixed.

• Like 1

MRobi

Its really weird to me that for you files are being moved.

Also everything to this point should be possible with the GUI. Have you watched the video that i added to the first post?

https://streamable.com/72jah

Just watched your video as well. it really should be as simple as what you see there.

• Like 1

makarai

@@Scrat

I have the feeling the whole issue that you are having is that your Storage is basically datasets within datasets. can you do me a favor and try the following:

• Create a dataset called multimedia, share that dataset with your macbook and open it in finder. drop a bunch of folders in there, and some movies. 
  • /mnt/databan01/multimedia (dataset) 
  • when in finder you see folder such as /Movie (2012) /Movie (2013)   (with actual movies in there)
  • then you add the dataset multimedia to the emby jail (via the gui)  
Edited by makarai