Adding new album or artist

danscott7

danscott7

I uploaded at all at once my entire music library from my hard drive to Emby.

How do I now go back, if I want, and upload new, individual artists and albums to my Emby collection?

Thanks,

Hi, just add new music to your folders and then run a library scan in emby. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

danscott7

Hi;

I ripped a new CD to the folder on my hard drive where all my music is stored. Ran a scan of the library, but Emby has it as a separate folder, apart from the rest of my other albums in the Emby app. It calls it "Music 1".

I thought I did the scan correctly but maybe I did not.

Any advice?

Here is a screenshot of the results of my effort. Notice it shows the new CD being in the same album as the rest of the other CDs  i access through the Emby app, as shown in the second screenshot. Despite what another user said, it will not allow me to load anymore screenshots in this particular post, so the third screenshot follows below.5bad7dbbcd59c_NewEmbycd.png5bad7e748cb57_Embymusicfolder.jpg

Thanks,

Todd Isler

Edited by danscott7

danscott7

Here is the result of scanning the new CD into the same folder the rest of the Elvis Costello CDs are in. As you can see, despite what the above screenshot indicates, it is not there.5bad81efa5485_ElvisCostellofolderinEmbya

Edited by danscott7

Happy2Play

You don't add the album path to folders as your "M:\Todd's Music" library already picks up everything in that path.

At least after Realtime monitor or Library scan picks up your new media.

And what does this have to do with Roku?

Edited by Happy2Play

danscott7

You said I do not add the album path to a certain folder.
I think you might have even been implying I was naming folders.
I was not. I was simply designating which folder on my hard drive the album would go into, so that when Emby scanned that folder,it would add it to the same folder that contains the rest of the artist's work.

You said library already picks up everything in that path.

However, doesn't a new album have to exist within that path before Library can pick it up?
I have done a scan where certain albums did not exist within certain paths. Those albums were not added to the library during the scan of those paths by Emby.
The album I wanted to add to my Emby library app was not already in that path.

Real-time monitor or Library scan will not pick up new media without it first being in the folder being scanned. When you do a scan on Emby,it asks which folder you want to scan.
Obviously, if you want a particular album to be scanned into your Emby library, it must first exist within the folder you are scanning.
I had to physically put it into that path before I used Emby to scan that path. (i.e. drive).

What this has to do with Roku is this:
I am trying to listen to albums streaming from my Emby computer app on my Roku. I cannot do that the way I want if Emby will not put an album by an artist into the same Emby folder that contains the rest of their albums.
It makes it a pain to listen to all of their albums in one folder, then have to exit that folder, then enter another folder, just to listen to one particular album.
And that's what that has to do with Roku.

Edited by danscott7

I'm a little confused by all that, but looking at your screenshots above, all you need in library setup is your Todd's Music folder.

Then when you add new content underneath that folder, the Emby realtime monitor should pick it up within a few minutes. If that doesn't happen, then you can always run a library scan. Does this help?

Okay, now I understand some of your issues.  Yes, you are making this too difficult on yourself :).

Just point the music library to the one parent folder for all your music and then you don't need to do anything else except add music under that location in your file system and let Emby pick it up.